Maiden Voyage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ive been looking at this boat for three years and finally pulled the trigger on it a few weeks ago. I’ve wanted something that my wife and I can both fish out of as we chase Reds and Specks around Grand Isle. The boat is made by Creek Boats out of North Carolina. It has a modified trolling motor (Minn Kota 55lb thrust, Salt water series) that you steer with your feet. It also has two swivel seats and a small live well/ cooler built in. I’ve seen plenty of home made ones on you tube and they were dang nice, but most were single seaters and were not quite as finished as this boat. It’s about 12.5 feet long and 40 inches wide. The motor is controlled by a infinite speed dial (forward and reverse) that is mounted to the left side of the rear passenger. It’s top speed is 4.7 mph according to my gps. The day was beautiful and the canal we were in had plenty of water in it so we were good to go. The boat is very very quite at slow speeds and it’s easy to sneak up on critters with it. The next trip I take in it will either be Lake Martin in Breaux Bridge or the marsh in Grand Isle. No matter where it’s at next time I’ll have a rod in my hand and God willing, some fish in the boat. For all you fishermen out there please take a kid fishing when you can so we can have some future outdoorsmen ready to take our spot when we fade into the sunset.
    699bc79bf67dcc6b09a3fb6f52951bcc.jpg
    a4ee2ab55c56df5b602462d4754358f9.jpg
    b650ffdc58ea2bf0855e3f54e58e77d6.jpg
    f4a1c90ad0cefdd86622d511c75bd52c.jpg
    c9e995bf09d2365b9dc9d6544cf76642.jpg
    739335aebca7985c25efcff2a59d98ed.jpg
    7c0a3b68bae89120f50664034cf3211e.jpg
    4484ddc52e6ff056e2360ec124c1d0d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The flag is on my list of accessories to get. I tried to get my wife to sit in the boat on the trip down to the farm, but instead of the peace sign she gave me the one finger salute. I’m just kidding. I was just happy we were getting a chance to put the boat in the water and spend some time doing something besides work. I was off Friday, but had to work my bees and then we started a fence project Saturday and then Sunday we had my family over for Easter. Y’all have a great week !

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It was 2200.00 which included the shipping. You can build one for cheaper for sure, but I could not find a two seater that was 12 feet long. You can get a square stern canoe but they are usually 15 feet long. That’s too much boat for what I want to do, as I had one in the past and they are hard to handle when putting in or taking out the water.

JKRAMER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2017
    NEW ORLEANS
    That is a very nice shallow water rig. How many hives do you hive? I currently have 8.
    I am just a backyard beek.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’m counting on it to be. I have about 30 plus hives sitting on the ground right now. Will prolly have a few more after I make some splits. Some will be studs and some will be duds but only time will tell. This spring has been much better than last year. The cold winter we had set up all the plants to have good blooms and the bees are building up nicely. Make sure you are going through them pretty regularly as this is prime swarm season and they will swarm if they build up too fast. I’d rather split the hive and let them try and make a queen then to have them swarm on me. The number one thing though is make sure you are treating for mites. If you aren’t treating you have a very high chance of losing your bees.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I hear ya my friend. I have not had a lot of free time for the last two years myself. It was all self induced though, so I’ve made a decision to make a little more time for my wife and I to go fishing in 2018. I figure it’s a win win no matter how you look at it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom