Switchblade Ban Repeal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • talcatcha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Pearl River, Louisiana
    I think we are way over thinking this issue. If you want one, get one. Just don't intentionally conceal it with an intent to do something against the law. If you are worried about carrying one just don't do it. Plain and simple.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Now we're back to defining what is concealed. Worrying about whether something is legal or not should be ion everyone's mind.

talcatcha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Pearl River, Louisiana
    After further review I wouldn't want a switchblade anyways due to the possibilities of accidental push button opening in the pocket rendering the necessity of a safety therefore making it a two button operation whereas my spring assist while pushing on the blade flipper is quite safe without additional mechanism.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I'll just keep my legal Kershaw with it's assisted opening feature , it's one handed , will open with a finger and the blade snaps out...it may not be a "switchblade" but it opens fast enough and can be legally carried. The new Fatback model sells for $22.00 on amazon,
    I love that bad boy....
    Gary

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Love my autos! And my spring assist, flippers, friction folders and slipjoints. I just love knives, and a choice of what I want to carry for the day.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Love my autos! And my spring assist, flippers, friction folders and slipjoints. I just love knives, and a choice of what I want to carry for the day.

is your real name Mick Dundee

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez

I'm with you. I usually carry a traditional style cause pocket clips scratch cars. And they have more warmth and emotion to them. Moderns are cold. But depending on what I'm doing I usually have two knives. One traditional and one either nice solid modern (sebenza, hindered) or a fixed blade. Usually my rod braud D2. Best damn heat treat and behaving knife I've ever owned. I like all knives and enjoy the process of choosing what to carry each day.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm with you. I usually carry a traditional style cause pocket clips scratch cars. And they have more warmth and emotion to them. Moderns are cold. But depending on what I'm doing I usually have two knives. One traditional and one either nice solid modern (sebenza, hindered) or a fixed blade. Usually my rod braud D2. Best damn heat treat and behaving knife I've ever owned. I like all knives and enjoy the process of choosing what to carry each day.

You EDC a fixed blade? Where?

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Question. I have several nice Italian Stiletto's I would like to carry from time to time. My question is how would one carry these without them being considered "intentionally concealed"? They have no pocket clip so it would have to go in the pocket.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Question. I have several nice Italian Stiletto's I would like to carry from time to time. My question is how would one carry these without them being considered "intentionally concealed"? They have no pocket clip so it would have to go in the pocket.

That could be considered intentionally concealed. Either carry it with the end sticking out, or get a belt sheath.

If you where to carry it in your pocket (and I'm not saying you should), you probably wouldn't have any trouble unless you got caught doing something stupid and they tacked that on.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I EDC a fixed blade! Kind of sort of resembles this one. Under my shirt, in a horizontal Kydex sheath, on my Aegis Ares. Weapon of last resort! I can get to it instantly and discreetly! And it can wreak a lot of havoc and carnage with a deliberate good backhanded swipe!
    knife_making_spalted_oak_burl_2.jpg

Just like my pistol; never leave home without it. ;)

BlackWaterFish

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Metairie, LA
    This:

A good fixed blade is faster opening, easier to get blade out under duress, and much stronger than any auto, if that’s your best option for self defense, for whatever reason.

And a small guard can help keep your hand from sliding up the blade unintentionally if you hit something hard.

Top Bottom