MA Assault Weapon Ban Upheld by Federal District Court

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...an-on-assault-weapons-upheld-by-federal-judge

Opinion
    https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/04/06/Worman dismissal-SJ ruling 4-6-18.pdf

As expected, liberal judges are ignoring the "in common use" provision of the SCOTUS's decision in Heller v. District of Columbia. Yet, the judge here was a Reagan appointee!

We'll see what happens with the appeal in the Federal First Circuit Court of Appeals. I wonder whether this Court will follow the recent decision of Kolbe by the Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals which was denied certiorari by the Supreme Court.

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/141945A.P.pdf

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    What the idiots don't understand is that all firearms are copies of military weapons all the way back to the flintlock. The military spends the money to get the best weapons and the manufacturers are always coming out with the latest new and improved doo-dad and then it trickles down to us plebes.

On the other hand I heard that London has surpassed NY as the city with most deaths. But to be fair the people in London where stabbed with assualt knives so get ready for the ban hammer on those.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I hear certain towns will label themselves as "Gun Sanctuary" towns to protect our 2nd Amendment rights and at the same time increase property values!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I’ll catch **** for this but I’m gonna say it. I’m to the point where I support states/cities banning what they want too. I think That’s the only way that at some point we all don’t lose them. And if someone in a banned area doesn’t like it move away. Let them have their idea of paradise and we’ll have ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ll catch **** for this but I’m gonna say it. I’m to the point where I support states/cities banning what they want too. I think That’s the only way that at some point we all don’t lose them. And if someone in a banned area doesn’t like it move away. Let them have their idea of paradise and we’ll have ours.

I agree. If I have to pick the lesser of the evils between cities legislating gun control and the federal government legislating gun control, I'll pick cities every time.

Speaking of which, I'm told that come cities in Florida are now suing the state over its firearms pre-emption laws. Should be interesting to see where that goes.

Mike

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA

You think they will stop at a city? Ha

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    It's one thing to support the right of States and communities to govern themselves through the democratic process, but, in this instance, the MA Attorney General, substituted her own judgment for MA and every community therein. She bypassed the democratic process and the MA State legislature by implementing her own interpretation of MA's Assault Weapons Ban which went beyond what the MA Legislature previously passed as written law. Instead of enforcing what the actual law says, she expanded its definitions to advance her gun control agenda.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    If you are willing to move every time laws are passed that aren’t to your liking, get ready to do a whole lot of moving.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    So with this type of rationale with the 2nd Amendment, should this also apply to the rest of the Bill of Rights? Should cities and states be able to regulate speech and religion?

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Municipalities and College campuses are already regulating the first amendment.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    All I’m saying is it’s going to happen. I’d bet everything I have that gun control is coming. Maybe not this year or the next but it will happen. And just like the electoral voting system a few highly populated areas shouldn’t make the decision for everyone. Baton Rouge and New Orleans can do what they want but the rest of the state should get to decide themselves. The sooner people have a more realistic conversation about it all the sooner it can be hashed out.
    You can repeat “from my cold dead constitutionally protected hands” all you want but it will not help.

Gladesman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    Rayville
    The reference to "militia" in the Second Amendment says that military weapons are specifically included within the bounds of this document. That cannot be argued. Anyone that says otherwise is ignoring the Constitution to promote their own agenda. No one seems to think when confronting these liberal judges.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom