SB274 up for Senate vote this Monday, April 9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    We need to stop this bill on the Senate floor. The gun haters will not stop; we need to stop their momentum. They will take everything we have, piece by piece. This bill is just one of those pieces. Call your state senator tonight and leave a message on their voicemail. Email them also. Be polite but make them understand how strongly you feel and how you vote. We need to win.

bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    Ha! My clown of a senator was the swing vote that passed this through committee...

He’s responded to my messages stating he will vote NO this week. Maybe one of you smarter than myself can explain why he would vote YES in committee in the first place, because he surely did not. Is there a politically prudent reason to do that?

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    No, he just dismissed the people that put him in office. If this bill passes the senate, work to see him defeated in his next election. (Maybe even recall him if there is enough support for that.) We put these people in office, and they betray us.

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    It's on the Senate Daily Digest for a vote for tomorrow, April 10, 2018. Keep contacting your State Senators!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ha! My clown of a senator was the swing vote that passed this through committee...

He’s responded to my messages stating he will vote NO this week. Maybe one of you smarter than myself can explain why he would vote YES in committee in the first place, because he surely did not. Is there a politically prudent reason to do that?

No, he just dismissed the people that put him in office. If this bill passes the senate, work to see him defeated in his next election. (Maybe even recall him if there is enough support for that.) We put these people in office, and they betray us.

Nathan, I don't mean to discount your statement; because it is also very true that some of these self-centered, self-absorbed, self-important politicians completely disregard their constituents while on their power trips. But to answer the OP's original query fully, know that Legislatures, Congress, Council Meetings, School Board Meetings, and yes, even zoo Board meetings is mostly smoke and mirrors. To explain why your dumbass is saying what he is now after he voted to pass it out of committee think about Mary Landrieu during the Obamacare fisting of the American people fest.

Mary Landrieu was the deciding vote for Cloture in that train wreck. If she doesn't cast the deciding vote, Obamacare is dead right there, end of story! So here is how it works using this pile of garbage as the example.

The people of Louisiana polled at almost 70% against Obamacare. That meant we (Louisiana), wanted both of our Senators to vote no! And by a huge margin. This number certainly included democrats that voted for her. Even though she knew this and heard it loud and clear, she voted yes on Cloture. Which gave us this garbage. She was promised/bought off by the democrats to sell her soul and her voters down the river. You may remember that she and another political whore from Montana were the two caught up in this. Unfortunately for her, once they used her like the political toilet paper she was, Obama turned his back on her. She couldn't even get the democrats to lesson the offshore drilling moratorium that was killing Louisiana. She essentially was out gamed by the thug from Chicago.

Louisiana never forgave her and she was flushed down the toilet and rightfully so. I promise, she still hasn't gotten over it.

As for your local dumbass, they do that all the time! The quid pro quo; "If you pass my Bill out of committee than I will vote in favor of you Bill, etc., etc." Many times it is all pre-determined to be killed, or passed, and the vote doesn't matter, and they know it. So they can essentially trade their votes on this or that, and they can come away unscathed, like your guy voting to get it out of committee and then ultimately voting it down on the floor. He can basically tell you and the others in his district, that he thought the Bill deserved the consideration of the full Legislature since it was a sensitive topic, and that is why he voted yes then but maintains that he is actually against it. Sounds scummy right? It is! But unless he is a complete lying sack of ****, he will vote no on the floor. If he doesn't, you have a total pile of **** as a senator on your hands.

A lot of this testifying before these committees is a complete ******** dog and pony show. I have watched many first hand! They know way before you get there, how certain hot button issues will end up before all of that crap starts. Let's hope that they know these anti-gun Bills are all pre-determined to fail. I can't imagine there is enough will to pass some of these that make it out of committee. And that is not to say, that we waste our time going up there on many of these. As Nathan Hale has stated elsewhere, it is the political will and the show of support and the numbers game that matters. The optics of it, if you will. Imagine only mothers showing up there tearing up while they are fumbling through their nonsensical reasons to allow the US Constitution to be bartered with. If you didn't have any pro-gun people, or Constitutionalists up there countering that silliness, it looks like you don't care.

And I realize this is a lengthy answer, but it is complicated. Hope this gives you some idea of the game!

Last edited:

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Failed! 9 yeas and 26 nays! Of course, my Senator voted yes. :p

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Anyone have a link or a list of how they all voted. I am kind of anxious to know and only have limited internet access atm.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    If it was voted down 9 to 26 how does it get to be voted on again???

While the legislature is in session, they can present a bill again for reconsideration to see if it gains more votes. This is where they wheel and deal. It's called logrolling. Or, on opposed bills disliked by the public, they'll keep voting as opposition loses steam or forgets about it. Politics sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom