Stanley Arms shotgun restoration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I was given an old Stanley Arms shotgun that belonged to my great grandfather. It is in need of restoration as it was stored in an old corn crib for years. I will need to have a new stock and foregrip made as the stock has rotted at the action and the foregrip is missing. I have all of the metal parts with the exception of the foregrip hold down. I am not looking to shoot the gun as its has a Damascus barrel and would not hold up to shooting the gun. All I am looking for is a mantel gun to hang over my fireplace. Any suggestions on where or how to get a decent restoration job without breaking the bank.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I send my stuff to Bose of Nebraska, but they will likely break your bank. They do nice work though.

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's what is known as a "hardware store" brand name, imported from Belgium in case lots back in the day. It doesn't cross reference to anything in my library. You will spend a ton of money and wind up with a gun that is worthless due to its history and the damascus barrels. My advice is to treasure his memory, but junk what's left of the old gun. Not what you wanted to hear, I know.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Sounds like a DIY project, ebay and such.
    Or reclaimed wood, since a family memory - make it more family by putting your touch on it!

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    That's what is known as a "hardware store" brand name, imported from Belgium in case lots back in the day. It doesn't cross reference to anything in my library. You will spend a ton of money and wind up with a gun that is worthless due to its history and the damascus barrels. My advice is to treasure his memory, but junk what's left of the old gun. Not what you wanted to hear, I know.
    Done the research on the gun and know that it's worthless as weapon. But it's been in the family for about 100 years. Not something I want to toss in the trash. I just want to turn it into a mantel piece. Looking more like a DYI project as suggested.

Top Bottom