7.5 inch ar muzzle device?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have built a few AR pistols recently. Currently running a KAW liner comp on one, a no name steel ebay "linear comp" (much shorter than the KAW) and the 3rd has a A2 on it (recent build, not shot it yet).

I was watching a few vids on you tube by a guy (he builds ar pistols, something like number1 citizen or similar) and he was saying that the a2 flash hider works as well as the linear comps and will not cause issues with a slight overhang of the free float handguard.

I plan to swap all of the 3 muzzle devices around the next time I shoot and see the difference, but was wondering if any of you fine gents (ladies too) had done any testing of your own and the conclusions?

All of my 7.5s run well, the Kentri short buffer with the Dolos removable barrel is noticeably smoother than the std carbine buffer/spring model. The Kentri has the el cheapo ebay "linear comp" and the carbine buffer/spring has the Kaw on it. Now the strong "buffer spring" part of the Kentri system may be smoothing out the impulse of that gun. I may swap uppers and see if I need a stronger spring in the std carbine buffer setup, or maybe a heavier buffer? All of the 7.5 builds I have done have run right out of the box with no tweaking, even on wolf 55gr. Maybe I am just lucky.

Top Bottom