SB491 & SB274 - both on senate floor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    SB274 is up for RECONSIDERATION (after being defeated yesterday in the senate.)
    SB491 made it out of committee, is now on the senate floor.

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Contact your Senators now!

SB274 deprives lawful citizens of the ages of 18-21 the right to purchase long arms even though such rights are enshrined in both the Louisiana and U.S. Constitutions.

SB491 prohibits using devices enhancing the rate of fire for semiautomatic firearms, but, it is so broadly and ambiguously written that it could prohibit rapid fire using your finger and/or even doing "trigger jobs" on semiautomatic firearms instead of prohibiting just bump-stocks and trigger cranks as it is supposed to intend.

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    On yesterday's SB274 vote the Yeas were as follows:

Barrow
    Bishop
    Boudreaux
    Carter
    Luneau
    Martiny
    Peterson
    Price
    Tarver

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On yesterday's SB274 vote the Yeas were as follows:

Barrow
    Bishop
    Boudreaux
    Carter
    Luneau
    Martiny
    Peterson
    Price
    Tarver

Yvonne Colomb was on the Judiciary Committee and voted "Yes" to send it to the full Senate; and wasn't even there for the vote. What a phony!

I'll bet she, and Morrel (another lap dog), will be there if Alario lets it come up again.

Here is your "yeas." No surprise that they are all Constitution hating democrats (except Martiny) :eek3: You folks in Metairie need to find out what this dude is thinking?

15a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    24a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    29a.jpg
    10a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    39a.jpg

Barrow Bishop Boudreaux Carter Luneau Martiny Peterson Price Tarver

I find it both interesting and reprehensible that these dumbasses are all voting along both party and racial lines, and this state's black community is in the dumpster. Louisiana has some of the highest black unemployment in the country, some of the highest per capita crime involving blacks, highest black AIDS rate in the country, we are on the bottoms of almost every quality of life poll in the US, we are on the top of almost every poll of the crappiest places in the US, we have 2 cities in the top 10 of the most obese citizens, and we just landed at the ABSOLUTE bottom of high school math and science scores. But these folks know it's law abiding citizens guns that are the problem!

Every one of their own districts are shitholes! Except Martiny's.

These people^ ARE the problem!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Anyone know what permitted a reconsideration after being defeated 9-26? Seems ridiculous.

I guess after the second reconsideration tells them "no", they'll demand a third try.....? Reminds me of a certain famous case in BR where a second ruling just came down, and the other side didn't like the outcome....:)

leeshall

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Suburban NOLA
    Yvonne Colomb was on the Judiciary Committee and voted "Yes" to send it to the full Senate; and wasn't even there for the vote. What a phony!

I'll bet she, and Morrel (another lap dog), will be there if Alario lets it come up again.

Here is your "yeas." No surprise that they are all Constitution hating democrats (except Martiny) :eek3: You folks in Metairie need to find out what this dude is thinking?

15a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    24a.jpg
    7a.jpg
    29a.jpg
    10a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    39a.jpg

Barrow Bishop Boudreaux Carter Luneau Martiny Peterson Price Tarver

I find it both interesting and reprehensible that these dumbasses are all voting along both party and racial lines, and this state's black community is in the dumpster. Louisiana has some of the highest black unemployment in the country, some of the highest per capita crime involving blacks, highest black AIDS rate in the country, we are on the bottoms of almost every quality of life poll in the US, we are on the top of almost every poll of the crappiest places in the US, we have 2 cities in the top 10 of the most obese citizens, and we just landed at the ABSOLUTE bottom of high school math and science scores. But these folks know it's law abiding citizens guns that are the problem!

Every one of their own districts are shitholes! Except Martiny's.

These people^ ARE the problem!

I have been informed that Senator Martiny's YEA vote was a mistake. He just hit the wrong button. D'OH! I have been informed by the LSA that "He is solidly in our corner."

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I have been informed that Senator Martiny's YEA vote was a mistake. He just hit the wrong button. D'OH! I have been informed by the LSA that "He is solidly in our corner."

He called me last night to apologize for screwing up. He is one of my go to senators for pro gun legislation.

stoic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Perhaps, a seasoned career politician and a lawyer who can't push the right button at the moment he needs to do so which is his job (an item that can, in fact be corrected, before the vote timer on a bill expires) shouldn't be in the legislature any longer?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom