WTB: .22 cal small revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Would like another little snake gun that I can fill with rat shot and carry on my place. The perfect fit would be a birdhead gripped 4* barrel but I’m open to most any .22 cal revolver, 4-6* barrel that has no mechanical issues and won’t cost me a bundle. She can be ugly as homemade sin as long as she shoots every time. Cash in hand and ready to ride.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Would like another little snake gun that I can fill with rat shot and carry on my place. The perfect fit would be a birdhead gripped 4* barrel but I’m open to most any .22 cal revolver, 4-6* barrel that has no mechanical issues and won’t cost me a bundle. She can be ugly as homemade sin as long as she shoots every time. Cash in hand and ready to ride.
    Academy sometimes has the rough rider on sale for $99. Perfect for your application.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a rough rider but it’s a little oversized for what I want. I could swear They did make a bird head model at one time tho. I’ll have look into that.
    And if I’m not mistaken, those little RG pistols were outlawed or something. Aren’t those the little German potmetal pistols that had so many issues? I might be wrong but seems like when I was young something happened with those revolvers like they banned import or something. I may have my wires crossed but that name makes the buzzer go off.

Last edited:

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    The only thing I know about an RG is that it was the type of pistol used in the failed attempt on Reagan... I've never had an issue with mine firing .22 bulk ammo or ratshot. I've got the snub nose and it's killed a bunch of snakes and rats.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    The gun control act of 1968 banned the import of the RG revolvers. The ones I have seen had steel cylinders, barrel liner, and internal parts. The frames were cast zamac which is an alloy of zinc, aluminum and magnesium. I remember seeing them for sale in the early sixties for $12.95.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My Dad had one when I was a kid . White plastic grips . Nobody could hit a damn thing with it . He traded it to a cop friend for an H&R revolver . I still have it .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks Mousegunner. That sounds about right. Talked to my dad last night and he said he remembered them well.
    Said they had timing issues and would pepper the shooter pretty good sometimes.
    Still looking. Cash in hand

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Still looking. Heritage did or does indeed make a birdhead grip Rough Rider but every source for a new one is sold out. I have 2 Ruger Bearcat pistols put up but I’m not about to beat up one and have it full of sweat rust.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom