Cut down M-39-2 by RJS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilssoon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bali
    Helllo,

New to the forum, great site with a lot of information. I found an older S&W M-39-2 nickel plated that has been reduced in size. It has been cut down in both the slide, grip frame areas much like the older Devel, Trapper Scorpion designs. The markings on the slide have RJS Mini 9 S&W with a date of 3-1-1983, markings on frame, are standard factory S&W. The barrel bushing has been welded to the slide making it one piece, and the grip frame appears to have been cut and rewelded above the bottom screw section, has a melt job, with entire pistol being nickel plated.

The shop wants $500.00 for it not sure if it's worth that or anything since I can't find anything on the interweb about it.

Thanks for your help!
    ground.png

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am a big 3rd gen S&W fan. That sounds like a nice pistol. The last one I scored was an SS 3913 so single stack like a 6906 but slim.
    It was in a safe deposit box since new till last year. One magazine shot out of it. Or so I was told. It did look 100%

Revolvergeek

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I think that I would have to grab that one, particularly if you could talk them down a little on it. Even if is wasn't done by a widely known gunsmith there are a lot of people that would take it off your hands if you decide that you don't like it. If you decide to pass on it you might let me know, post some pics, etc.

thanks,
    Danny

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    For a brief second I thought it might have been one of the custom guns done by the famous knife maker Robert W. Loveless, but his initials are RWL and the pistols he customized were model 41 S&W's not the model 39. So that theory didn't pan out .
    Try an inquiry over at the Smith-Wesson forum site...those guys know a lot about S&W's and might know who RJS is.
    Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom