Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Tomorrow, april 17, is the big day at the capitol!!!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY TO SHOW UP AT THE CAPITAL!!!. Tell your fellow gun owners. WE NEED TO SHOW UP!!! We CAN lose if we do not fight. (There is nothing magical about gun rights in Louisiana.)

House Committee hearings are in the morning; The PREEMPTION REPEAL bill is in Senate Committee in the afternoon.

Micheal Bloomberg funded "Moms Demand Action" will be there trying to take our gun rights away. Remember, no matter what these people say, they hate guns and their ultimate goal is to make civilian ownership of all weapons illegal. They don't give a damn about the Constitution or law abiding gun owners.

On Target

User Info Menu

Another bill going up before a committee tomorrow is HB400 which is the ten day waiting period bill. It will be heard by the House committee for the administration of criminal justice. SB185 which would give local jurisdictions the power to enact whatever gun control they want is SB185 which will be heard by Senate Judiciary B. You can watch the committee meetings live online here:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/home.aspx

Just click on the committee you want to view which would be the ones I named above.

On Target

User Info Menu

There are a number of firearms bills on the house committee's agenda for today. Check this out:

DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION

HB277 MARCELLE WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Prohibits the sale of assault rifles to any person under the age of twenty-one years
    HB400 BAGNERIS WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Creates the crime of illegally purchasing or selling a firearm (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)
    HB412 IVEY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the exemption of certain Louisiana residents from the crime of illegal carrying of weapons when the firearm is legally obtained, manufactured, and possessed
    HB415 IVEY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to a "concealed" firearm or weapon
    HB416 IVEY WEAPONS/HANDGUNS - Creates the crime of failure to identify the possession of a concealed handgun to a law enforcement officer
    HB473 P.SMITH WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Prohibits the importation, manufacture, sale, purchase, possession, or transfer of a rapid-fire device
    HB602 MIGUEZ WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the carrying of a concealed handgun at a school
    HB736 T.LANDRY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the possession, transfer, registration, license to possess, and surrender of an assault weapon
    HB852 G.CARTER WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Creates the crime of illegally purchasing or selling a firearm

Marksman

User Info Menu

Isn't it already illegal to illegally purchase a firearm?

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Writing reps again, this AM.

Terry Landry.....SMDH. I STILL can't believe Mike Foster appointed that guy to be the head of LSP.....
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

HB 400 Defeated 10-6

John Bagneris is a dangerous politician! He is openly advocating for the elimination of the 2nd Amendment, he's just too dumb to hide it.

It is absolutely crystal clear, the sponsors of these anti-gun Bills have no clue whatsoever about the laws already in place.
    Last edited by Emperor; April 17th, 2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Isn't it already illegal to illegally purchase a firearm?
    I think murder may be illegal, too. Seems like all of society's problems should already be legislatively solved...

On Target

User Info Menu

The committee just finished hearing HB400 which is for the ten day waiting period. The committee voted 6 yeas and 10 nays. Woo hoo.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Black Legislators voting along racial lines! What a surprise!

HB 473 Defeated 11 - 7
    Last edited by Emperor; April 17th, 2018 at 09:36 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

On Target

User Info Menu

Committee vote on HB473, the bump stock bill: 7 yeas, 11 nays.