Tomorrow, april 17, is the big day at the capitol!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    TOMORROW IS THE DAY TO SHOW UP AT THE CAPITAL!!!. Tell your fellow gun owners. WE NEED TO SHOW UP!!! We CAN lose if we do not fight. (There is nothing magical about gun rights in Louisiana.)

House Committee hearings are in the morning; The PREEMPTION REPEAL bill is in Senate Committee in the afternoon.

Micheal Bloomberg funded "Moms Demand Action" will be there trying to take our gun rights away. Remember, no matter what these people say, they hate guns and their ultimate goal is to make civilian ownership of all weapons illegal. They don't give a damn about the Constitution or law abiding gun owners.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Another bill going up before a committee tomorrow is HB400 which is the ten day waiting period bill. It will be heard by the House committee for the administration of criminal justice. SB185 which would give local jurisdictions the power to enact whatever gun control they want is SB185 which will be heard by Senate Judiciary B. You can watch the committee meetings live online here:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/home.aspx

Just click on the committee you want to view which would be the ones I named above.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    There are a number of firearms bills on the house committee's agenda for today. Check this out:

DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION

HB277 MARCELLE WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Prohibits the sale of assault rifles to any person under the age of twenty-one years
    HB400 BAGNERIS WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Creates the crime of illegally purchasing or selling a firearm (OR INCREASE GF EX See Note)
    HB412 IVEY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the exemption of certain Louisiana residents from the crime of illegal carrying of weapons when the firearm is legally obtained, manufactured, and possessed
    HB415 IVEY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to a "concealed" firearm or weapon
    HB416 IVEY WEAPONS/HANDGUNS - Creates the crime of failure to identify the possession of a concealed handgun to a law enforcement officer
    HB473 P.SMITH WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Prohibits the importation, manufacture, sale, purchase, possession, or transfer of a rapid-fire device
    HB602 MIGUEZ WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the carrying of a concealed handgun at a school
    HB736 T.LANDRY WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Provides relative to the possession, transfer, registration, license to possess, and surrender of an assault weapon
    HB852 G.CARTER WEAPONS/FIREARMS - Creates the crime of illegally purchasing or selling a firearm

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Writing reps again, this AM.

Terry Landry.....SMDH. I STILL can't believe Mike Foster appointed that guy to be the head of LSP.....:mad:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    HB 400 Defeated 10-6

John Bagneris is a dangerous politician! He is openly advocating for the elimination of the 2nd Amendment, he's just too dumb to hide it.

It is absolutely crystal clear, the sponsors of these anti-gun Bills have no clue whatsoever about the laws already in place.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Most of you already know this, but I can tell you that these democrats are flat out stupid when it comes to firearms and the Right for us to have them. They absolutely do not care about the facts, the Constitution, or any one's Rights, nothing! IMO, they have no business making any laws for me!

It really is a shame that this is probably the only thing wrong with our Republic when it comes to democracy. People elected to represent others who have no clue what the people they have elected are actually representing.

This vulgar display of demagoguery is astonishing, pathetic, and reprehensible.

Thank goodness Helena Moreno is now trying to continue Mitch Landrieu's work for the destruction of New Orleans as The Council-at-large.

Last edited:

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Ok, now the big one. HB736 which would ban just about every type of semi-auto was voted on and the outcome was 7 yeas, 9 nays.

Does this necessarily mean the bill is dead for good without a new bill being authored?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Ok, now the big one. HB736 which would ban just about every type of semi-auto was voted on and the outcome was 7 yeas, 9 nays.

Does this necessarily mean the bill is dead for good without a new bill being authored?

So does this mean those who voted for these 7 assklowns will now voluntarily register all their weapons for pickup at a later date, anyway? Seeing as most of them live in high-crime areas, that would only make them safer, right???

People at this level of stupidity make me want to throw up. :puke:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I would like to throw a very sincere thanks to those individuals that are patiently sitting through this agony, testifying on gun owners behalf, and putting up with this ridiculousness from these democrats!

In particular:

Dan Zelenka (La. Shooters Assn.)
    Mike Weinburger (Home Defense Org.)
    Erin Luper (NRA)
    Col. Rob Maness (Gator PAC)
    Tom Gresham

And those others that also took the time out of their work days, personal time, etc. to make it up there. 6 1/2 hours so far at 1:30, and still going!

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Right on, Emperor. Thanks to all who went and to all who called or wrote. We CAN make a difference if we work at it and are ever vigilant - even those of us represented by the Carters, Morenos, etc.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    FYI:

Looks like the Home Defense Foundation does some good stuff in New Orleans. Went on their website and ended up subscribing to their mailing list! I don't even live there! :dunno:

Seems they cater to the slightly older, less gun savvy homeowner crowd! Good on them!

Hard to beat "free" gun classes! If you guys down there know someone who might benefit from that, you should pass it on!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I would like to throw a very sincere thanks to those individuals that are patiently sitting through this agony, testifying on gun owners behalf, and putting up with this ridiculousness from these democrats!

In particular:

Dan Zelenka (La. Shooters Assn.)
    Mike Weinburger (Home Defense Org.)
    Erin Luper (NRA)
    Col. Rob Maness (Gator PAC)
    Tom Gresham

And those others that also took the time out of their work days, personal time, etc. to make it up there. 6 1/2 hours so far at 1:30, and still going!

ABSOLUTELY!!! I wish I could be there, but this list of people do a hundred fold more than what you see going on today to keep our gun rights intact!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Right on, Emperor. Thanks to all who went and to all who called or wrote. We CAN make a difference if we work at it and are ever vigilant - even those of us represented by the Carters, Morenos, etc.

Can you try to find out for me from them why only black democrats pushed these Bills when it has no impact whatsoever on their own black constituents lives (or deaths)? I really would like to know which bunch got them in line?!?

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Soooo, in conclusion. All the anti-gun bills on today's agenda were voted down by their respective committees except SB185 which was voluntarily deferred by it's author. That was the bill which sought to let local govts enact whatever gun laws they wanted.

The only other one left that I am watching is the big brother ammo database bill which as far as I know is still not on an agenda schedule yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom