Why Democrat Gun Bills Are Taking the Black Community for a Ride

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Tomorrow, a host of pernicious and unnecessary anti-gun Bills will be brought up for discussion in committee hearings. That will pull many of us away from our jobs, or our families, or take us personal time to call and write our legislators to tell them to oppose these wastes of time. It's sad, but there won't be nearly as many black Louisianans calling in opposition with us by a long shot. Conversely, there won't be as many black Louisianans calling in support of these Bills either!?!

I've been struggling with the reasons why only black democrats are putting forth this anti gun nonsense since it is counter productive to their own constituents.

Here are some observations:

Almost every anti-firearms, anti-gun Bill, is being sponsored and pushed by black democrats.
    Most of the nonsense is coming from Legislators out of New Orleans & Baton Rouge.

Why is that?

Here are some interesting facts we have just learned in the past few months:

Louisiana (as a state),

Is at the bottom in the US on almost every "quality of life" poll.
    Is at the top in the US on almost every "worst of" poll.
    Has a budget deficit that is heading for a fiscal cliff in an amount that has never happened in Louisiana.
    Has 2 cities in the top 10 of most obese people in the US.
    Has nearly the highest unemployment rate for blacks in the US.
    Has the highest AIDS rate of blacks in the US.
    Has just scored lowest of all states in Science and Math scores for high school age kids.
    And then Saturday, this gem: http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/article_0f5a0cea-3daa-11e8-8049-638e7261c9d8.html

Looks like a pretty dismal outlook for just about anyone here in Louisiana, much worse for black citizens.

Now ask yourself, or think about:

How many black Louisianans (particularly in B.R. & N.O.), do you think legally own AR style rifles from a percentage standpoint?
    How many black Louisianans have those legally obtained and possessed rifles outfitted with legal furniture accessories, optics, or suppressors?
    What percentage of black Louisianans legally own firearms for personal protection or self defense?
    What percentage of black Louisianans are members of the NRA or any organized shooting association or club?
    Why do democrats try to persuade blacks (in general), to avoid and keep away from their Constitutional Right of the 2nd Amendment?
    Why do democrats (particularly black democrats), seem to try to make all anti-gun arguments a black vs white issue?

Political demographics:

Most of the political districts of the black Louisiana democrats sponsoring the anti-gun nonsense are overwhelmingly black majority.
    Black politicians and democrats in general, have and continue to to take their minority constituents for granted.
    Many of the black democrat sponsors of the anti-gun nonsense are career politicians as the Louisiana Legislature goes. Election after election, they put their names in the race, and are almost guaranteed to be re-elected in their respective districts. Some aren't even challenged. Nonetheless, most if not all have been in politics for a long time because of their districts' demographic makeup.

More observations:

After reading these anti-gun Bills, ask yourself, or think about:

How would or could any of these affect positive change for black Louisianans?
    How would or could any of these affect positive change for blacks in these politicians own districts?

The answer is simple: They wouldn't and couldn't! Nor would they negatively affect blacks in the same manner.

So why would these be sponsored only by black democrats? Why no white democrats? There will be white democrats that are going to vote along the party line; but don;t believe strongly enough to sponsor a nonsensical anti-gun Bill? Even as a co-sponsor?

I believe the answer is the black democrats are being used as puppets because they and the puppet masters do not fear their seats are in jeopardy as would be their white peers. Someone or some organization from outside of Louisiana but involved with democrats has calculated that these black politicians can push this garbage for the national party line without having to answer for it to their own constituents. I believe that most white democrats will be held accountable by the voters in their own districts by those white gun owners who are both democrats and republicans; as well as independents. It is the only answer someone can logically come up with based on the evidence. All six of the black men I work with have no idea there are even anti-gun Bills, much less anti-gun Bills only being sponsored by black democrats. They don't care either. My guns are not even on their radars. They want better schools for their kids, they want stable work, they want the opportunity to make more money, and they want a safe place to live, they want drugs out of their neighborhoods, etc., etc.

Now I can't go as far as to attest that the puppets probably had some money involved as well, but I have seen enough of the political shenanigans in this state and elsewhere to know how that works too. This state has one of the worst quid pro quo political arenas in the country. Hell, add that to the list above.

You will never get a democrat to give you the straight answer as to why they are so worried about law abiding citizens guns here in Louisiana over the concerns of their own constituents in their own communities. One could make plenty of their own conclusions. Nonetheless, day after day you can read more bad news about the black existence here in Louisiana and the issues that really negatively affect them. Day after day more about how bad it is here in Louisiana for all of us. Where are the Bills by these black democrats to actually help black Louisianans! What are they doing to make Louisiana a better place for all of us? What are they doing to address all of the negative issues circling Louisiana around the bottom of the bowl on its way to the sewer?

Answer! They are doing their best to make sure the law abiding gun owners in Louisiana have problems being law abiding gun owners in Louisiana! That is what they are being told to do!

We as gun owners and pro-freedom loving voters will have to fight back! We'll have to take time off to testify! We'll have to send more emails and make more calls; and of course Legislators will have to waste more time on these completely useless and overly broad affronts to freedom instead of tackling REAL problems that REALLY affect ALL Louisianans.

All I can say is; Good work black delegation! You all should be proud!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The reasons above further solidify my thrill for moving to Texas next month :]

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Believe me Texas is not immune to the same issues that are happening across this fallen country. Lots of people move to Texas from communist states and start voting in communist politicians. For some reason freedom has become a bad thing. Do your homework before choosing a place to live.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Do you speak Spanish? :):)
    I can get by.

Believe me Texas is not immune to the same issues that are happening across this fallen country. Lots of people move to Texas from communist states and start voting in communist politicians. For some reason freedom has become a bad thing. Do your homework before choosing a place to live.

I don't doubt that. I am moving for/with a job...but I did a ton of homework and picked a pretty decent area. Feel free to PM to discuss location further if you like. I signed for the apartment earlier this week though haha.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It appears that logic and reason has prevailed in the Louisiana gun law world. Unless Troy Carter brings the ammo registration silliness to the table, this Session is essentially over for Anti-gun nonsense. IMHO, that Bill is less likely to pass committee than some we saw today.

Nonetheless, there is something we need to be concerned about. As I sat through the live feed of that meeting, I saw black democrats openly disavow the 2nd Amendment. There was consternation in their hearts and their speeches towards the testimony's of the pro-gun witnesses. It was a side I don't think I've seen before. I certainly have not seen only black democrats being the sponsors of these anti-gun measures in the past. So it begs the question; what is going on?

I don't put anything past the national DNC, or the left wing phonies, to peddle their narratives or their beliefs upon our state Legislators. That is done on both sides. I also don't put it passed them to offer money in exchange for votes. That happens on both sides too. Even if it is only at the state level. What I am concerned about is how someone, some entity, was able to convince the Louisiana black delegation to be the bagmen for these Bills. As I have stated, these measures would not help nor hurt most black Louisianans.

Truth be told, I don't put it past the Louisiana democrats (all of them), to have concocted this effort knowing full well what they were trying to do. Again, I go back to the fact that I have not seen any white democrats as co-sponsors of these Bills. That doesn't add up.

So are we to believe that in this hyper sensitive egg shell walk around any topics that involve blacks within political talk, that no one thought about this? The optics of it are terrible! It looks beyond sinister!

Anyway you look at it, these were some pretty drastic attempts to thwart gun Rights here. Confiscation of legally purchased firearms was openly discussed as a serious consideration?!? Elected officials sworn to uphold the Constitution(s) both state and US, are openly advocating for a repeal of a Constitutional Right as if it were just, inconveniently in the way!

Regardless of your political affiliation, when do you ever hear or read about entire black delegations at any state level taking on gun laws alone? You don't! It's not the norm.

Going forward, I would caution all gun owners to be ready. This seems like a new tactic to push unpopular Bills in a highly pro-gun state. I sincerely hope not!

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    It appears that logic and reason has prevailed in the Louisiana gun law world. Unless Troy Carter brings the ammo registration silliness to the table, this Session is essentially over for Anti-gun nonsense. IMHO, that Bill is less likely to pass committee than some we saw today.

Nonetheless, there is something we need to be concerned about. As I sat through the live feed of that meeting, I saw black democrats openly disavow the 2nd Amendment. There was consternation in their hearts and their speeches towards the testimony's of the pro-gun witnesses. It was a side I don't think I've seen before. I certainly have not seen only black democrats being the sponsors of these anti-gun measures in the past. So it begs the question; what is going on?

I don't put anything past the national DNC, or the left wing phonies, to peddle their narratives or their beliefs upon our state Legislators. That is done on both sides. I also don't put it passed them to offer money in exchange for votes. That happens on both sides too. Even if it is only at the state level. What I am concerned about is how someone, some entity, was able to convince the Louisiana black delegation to be the bagmen for these Bills. As I have stated, these measures would not help nor hurt most black Louisianans.

Truth be told, I don't put it past the Louisiana democrats (all of them), to have concocted this effort knowing full well what they were trying to do. Again, I go back to the fact that I have not seen any white democrats as co-sponsors of these Bills. That doesn't add up.

So are we to believe that in this hyper sensitive egg shell walk around any topics that involve blacks within political talk, that no one thought about this? The optics of it are terrible! It looks beyond sinister!

Anyway you look at it, these were some pretty drastic attempts to thwart gun Rights here. Confiscation of legally purchased firearms was openly discussed as a serious consideration?!? Elected officials sworn to uphold the Constitution(s) both state and US, are openly advocating for a repeal of a Constitutional Right as if it were just, inconveniently in the way!

Regardless of your political affiliation, when do you ever hear or read about entire black delegations at any state level taking on gun laws alone? You don't! It's not the norm.

Going forward, I would caution all gun owners to be ready. This seems like a new tactic to push unpopular Bills in a highly pro-gun state. I sincerely hope not!

Ok I'm reaching in my pocket, I'm pulling out the race card! Could it be racially motivated? Were all or most of the pro gun supporters white? This would explain the attitude towards them. The problem I see is Democraps represent just their own agenda, they forget that there are probably a few conservatives in their district, but fail to recognize their wishes and put there own ahead of others. Those people are the most bias I have seen in my life time.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Spot on as always Emp! No doubt the deep state Masters are pushing their agenda thru the Black elected, Its only a matter of time before we learn the real truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom