Dick's Sporting Goods!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I guess donation of them to the Police or private security firms would be stupid to them. Even though it would benefit them and those they donate to.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Not sure how many weapons they are destroying but since 2012 they haven’t sold modern sporting weapons. Hmmm... I guess Starbucks will do the same thing soon.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Basically, they have made their bed and I am sure their business has suffered so now they are doing two things. First, they are trying to grab headlines again for more publicity. Second, they are attempting to be so brazen towards gun owners and the 2A that they hope the left will embrace them and choose them for their other sporting needs.

I only walked in Dick's one time when they first opened in Slidell. I was able to see within 5 min that I would never be back in there. Not only did they have a **** poor selection of firearms and firearm related things........the rest of the store sucked also. Have never been back.

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Has it occurred to anyone that they perhaps quietly transferred weapons to wholesalers to recoup their costs and now claim 'destruction" for a nice PR story. It has crossed my mind.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is a good thing.

The manufacturers of these destroyed firearms made their money, so they're not going to be hurt by this.

Dick's (and their shareholders) will lose money buy (quite literally) destroying stock that they paid for, which will drive up the prices of the rest of their merchandise (and will lower their market share). This is a good thing.

Dick's now has a more limited selection of products with which to draw in new customers. This is a good thing.

And every other gun store in America that hasn't adopted these stupid positions will now profit from all of the sales that Dick's has lost.

I sincerely doubt that any of the hard left are all of the sudden going to flock into Dick's to support them, in light of their new social justice stance.

Mike

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Has it occurred to anyone that they perhaps quietly transferred weapons to wholesalers to recoup their costs and now claim 'destruction" for a nice PR story. It has crossed my mind.

If I were a wholesaler or mfr they would not recoup any cost, unless they had a contract requiring return, then anything returned might be damaged so no full refund.

aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Basically, they have made their bed and I am sure their business has suffered so now they are doing two things. First, they are trying to grab headlines again for more publicity. Second, they are attempting to be so brazen towards gun owners and the 2A that they hope the left will embrace them and choose them for their other sporting needs.

I only walked in Dick's one time when they first opened in Slidell. I was able to see within 5 min that I would never be back in there. Not only did they have a **** poor selection of firearms and firearm related things........the rest of the store sucked also. Have never been back.

Concur, like you I only went to the Slidell Dicks once and that was one trip too many. I believe Dicks hasn't been selling MSRs for a long while.

dannyb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    eunice,la
    And I thought the high prices on Ammo and everything else would bring them down...

Top Bottom