Recommend Gunsmith to mill Glock slide.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Considering getting a red dot optic installed on a Gen 5 Glock due to poor vision.
    Looking for a Quality Gunsmith with this experience in the Greater Baton Rouge area if possible.
    I am in Walker.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    X3 For sure.

When I had one of mine done a while back thought they would only mill for the Trijicon RMR.

They mill multiple firearm slides for many different optics now, including the Delta Point Pro, Vortex Venom/Viper, Trijicon RMR, Burris Fastfire, and other similar RDS.

Primary Machine is the only place I will send my slides. Their nitride finish is on par, if not better, than Glocks finish.

39550759572_0b5d88b2a7_c.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Primary Machine is what I was looking at and it appears as if they may be a 1 stop shop. I have heard good things about them in the past.
    I am thinking Vortex Venom with 3 MOA milled to the rear with Black metal sight in front of it. Red fiber optic on front of slide.
    This will be my first time around, any suggestions?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Primary Machine is what I was looking at and it appears as if they may be a 1 stop shop. I have heard good things about them in the past.
    I am thinking Vortex Venom with 3 MOA milled to the rear with Black metal sight in front of it. Red fiber optic on front of slide.
    This will be my first time around, any suggestions?

I prefer the rear iron sight in front of the RDS for a few reasons:

1) It protects the RDS glass.
    2) It prevents you from smacking the glass when you perform malfunction drills.
    3) It allows you to see the dot before anything else. The rear sight will never cover the dot.

I highly recommend you send the slide to Primary Machine, as they mill dozens of slides a week.

As far as sights go, you do want fiber optics in front of the dot. The only thing you want to see is the dot. The irons are there for backup only, so I use black Ameriglo steel sights. As much as you will hear people say "cowitness" sights, the dot never truly sit perfect with the sights. If you try to zero your dot to your sights it will be off.

Brass will hit the optic, so I much prefer the rear iron forward of the RDS.

40728681862_a7533e279b_b.jpg

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I prefer the rear iron sight in front of the RDS for a few reasons:

1) It protects the RDS glass.
    2) It prevents you from smacking the glass when you perform malfunction drills.
    3) It allows you to see the dot before anything else. The rear sight will never cover the dot.

I highly recommend you send the slide to Primary Machine, as they mill dozens of slides a week.

As far as sights go, you do want fiber optics in front of the dot. The only thing you want to see is the dot. The irons are there for backup only, so I use black Ameriglo steel sights. As much as you will hear people say "cowitness" sights, the dot never truly sit perfect with the sights. If you try to zero your dot to your sights it will be off.

Brass will hit the optic, so I much prefer the rear iron forward of the RDS.

40728681862_a7533e279b_b.jpg

Thanks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom