3 Squares a day!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    For 3 years the same pair comes by. It is the same ones as one has a messed up a foot.
    They come in the morning, lunch and when my wife comes home they see the car and fly in unless already here.
    Stange that they recognize us and the car. But do not go to others to their cars.
    Dry Cat food fits the bill. Yesterday the AT&T came at 9:00 am and says wow nice home and garden. The ducks look 100& real.
    As they were sitting next to some Sago Palms. Then they moved.
    If my wife or I sit down on the front step, and they come and sit next to you like a dog. Crazy.
    If they wait outside to long fir food water they have at times knocked on the door. I assume with a beak.
    Last year she came alone with the duckings {7 of them} Really cool yellow with black boomerang stripe I think that was the outline of the wings.
    They say smashed up like one big duck. But walking in a line. I do have one guy who wants to kill them.
    Always one idiot.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
      P1010001.jpg
      236.5 KB · Views: 84
    • P1010002.jpg
      P1010002.jpg
      237.6 KB · Views: 67

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    That is called habituation.. Most birds can be that way. Food is used in falconry as the thing to get and train them, as well as to get them to return. give ya an example, I used to fly a hawk at crows, and they would recognize my car and truck after a few drive bys..

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    If only that worked as well on turkeys in the woods. Well... it would help if it was legal too I guess! They are giving me fits this year.

Nice ducks. Is it a bad thing to say that it makes me hungry?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They are getting fat. The little kids around here love them. They asked what the names were so I said MR. and Mrs. Quakers

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Yea... once they have names that's all she wrote. My wife has named all the deer around here for that exact reason. Now I just feed em all year and drive elsewhere when the season opens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My parents used to live in Eden Isles on the water. The momma duck would come tap on the sliding glass door if they didn't get their breakfast!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Ducks can become quite attached as pets. We had four that had lived on my cousin's property, but the new owners when she moved away wanted to just kill them so we took them. The last one living was so old we crushed and dissolved aspirin into the water we gave it to ease the pain of it's arthritis. He spent cold nights inside in the laundry room.

Now the goose we had, screw that thing, it was mean, and insanely jealous, attacking anybody that came around my stepfather, who was the only one she liked. She followed him around the yard like a dog.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    When I lived on the water we had a duck 3some that hung out all day around the yard. 2 males and a female, must have been some good stuff there?

Never feed them, and our old dog used to get a kick out of chasing them when we let him out at potty time.

I can remember having to get off the lawn mover and give them a little nudge to move onto the deck so I could cut the grass. They also liked to watch me race remote control boats.

Top Bottom