The Joy's of AK building.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    That was you on MeWe, I didnt realize that. Yours isn't the first time Childers has made a mistake. Nice work.

yeah,

its not that i cant cut the proper square notch, it just that after waiting months to get the receiver, then seeing it is cut for a yugo PG kinda pissed me off.

was an extra hour of work i shouldnt of had to do.

quality control at its finest.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    yeah,

its not that i cant cut the proper square notch, it just that after waiting months to get the receiver, then seeing it is cut for a yugo PG kinda pissed me off.

was an extra hour of work i shouldnt of had to do.

quality control at its finest.

I did a yugo khyber rpk, when I pressed the barrel in the receiver and went to check headspace the left rail was lower than the right. It was pretty much done, I had to completely demill and rebuild. I'm almost done with this one.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Do it!

finished my 2nd RPk,

9V2TlF4h.jpg

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Checking in. I miss building, I miss our times together, Mike. I hope you are well.
    I'm thinking about selling my tools as I doubt I'll ever build again. But, I might have a boy in a few weeks, and if not, a second girl. Maybe they'll want to use the tools one day.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Checking in. I miss building, I miss our times together, Mike. I hope you are well.
    I'm thinking about selling my tools as I doubt I'll ever build again. But, I might have a boy in a few weeks, and if not, a second girl. Maybe they'll want to use the tools one day.
    I dont do any rifle building but maybe you should keep the tools and pass them down to your children later on. I cherish some tools that my father passed down to me years ago. Just a thought.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland

Everything good here. Either way, boy or girl I know you and the wife will be happy. If your going to save the tools for the kids you will have to stash some kits with everything needed. They are not good for anything else.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Everything good here. Either way, boy or girl I know you and the wife will be happy. If your going to save the tools for the kids you will have to stash some kits with everything needed. They are not good for anything else.

Yeah, maybe I can find some deals in the future. It seems that building aks' days are numbered.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom