Slidefire going out of business on 5/20 at midnight.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    3993092.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So let me get this straight...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I get that LS does not like/care/anything for the actual/physical plastic bump stock, and thus, does not care if they are specifically banned.

He does seem to car if legislation goes through that would ban other devices or be left open to interpretation that would allow other devices to be banned.

The gov't has specifically banned gun stuff in the past, by name, or description. So it could happen that only bump stocks (by name, since they all have cool names like "demo tyranics" or some such awesomeness) would be banned.

If some such "rate increasing devices" ban did happen, I would agree that just naming the various existing bump stocks in the ban and not trying to make some sort of vague description of what they do would be best for all of us 2A guys.

However lawyers make a living off vague descriptions, so..... we would likely have that to look forward to. And then all of the BS with match triggers, and trying to figure out the rate of fire for a specific gun would happen.

I would like to see someone find the actual maximum rate of fire that the various semi rifles and handguns could achieve. The maximum mechanical speed that they could run at. Full auto m11s can run at 1800rpm, so I am sure their max is way higher than that. It will be way higher than any of the full auto guns, and also way higher than any bump stocking or binary triggers can accomplish. At that point we would have a baseline to test all of the supposed "rate increasing devices".

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    So let me get this straight...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I get that LS does not like/care/anything for the actual/physical plastic bump stock, and thus, does not care if they are specifically banned.

He does seem to car if legislation goes through that would ban other devices or be left open to interpretation that would allow other devices to be banned.

You are correct on two accounts:
    1) I don't care if they are banned.
    2) I care if they create legislation that piggybacks on bump stocks to ban other firearms.

The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing. I sure hope the folks getting butthurt about people saying they don't care about bump stocks are just as passionate when they try to ban red dot sights, muzzles devices, adjustable stocks, binary triggers, pistol braces, rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Just ban ammo. All the rest won’t matter. I was thinking about buying a Cessna 172. The plane was $25 but the prop was $82,000. We have the right to bear arms not ammo.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I also don't care if the SKS, Mosin Nagant, Truglo Sights, Anderson Rifles, Gun Show pakistan knife sellers, and Punisher Skulls get banned, but I digress.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Yes, the Louisiana Bill that was going to the Senate, and was shot down, not only included Bump Stocks, but also opened the doors to ban other devices. No one here is saying they don't care about that bill, or other bills that are proposed for more gun control.

What we're saying is that we think bump stocks are stupid, that they should never have been made, and we don't care if they disappeared from existence. YOU PEOPLE are pointing the finger and saying we are "so-called 2A folks," because we don't support your obsession of silly accessories. I don't recall an uproar when the ATF declared you couldn't shoulder a pistol brace... Thankfully, they reversed that, but the point still stands. I can easily vote against any form of gun control even though I think bump stocks are stupid.

If you want to know why we are "divided," it's because your precious NRA is giving away our rights right from under your feet.

My friend, I don't care about novelty, stupid, dumb, junk, waste of ammo or whatever you want to label it as...none of that matters, what matters is standing up for a NO COMPROMISE stance on any and all anti-gun legislation..... our rights are not up for negotiation, repeal or compromise! NEVER waiver from that. There's too much divisiveness in the 2A community right now and that needs to stop. We must ALL stand UNITED as ONE regardless of one's emotional view or selfish reasons. I personally don't give a damn about a bumpstock, I do care about this anti-gun movement that wants to use that object to further their anti-gun legislation. I completely agree with you regarding the NRA giving our rights away. They are a big part of the problem that's why I support the GOA.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    My friend, I don't care about novelty, stupid, dumb, junk, waste of ammo or whatever you want to label it as...none of that matters, what matters is standing up for a NO COMPROMISE stance on any and all anti-gun legislation..... our rights are not up for negotiation, repeal or compromise! NEVER waiver from that. There's too much divisiveness in the 2A community right now and that needs to stop. We must ALL stand UNITED as ONE regardless of one's emotional view or selfish reasons. I personally don't give a damn about a bumpstock, I do care about this anti-gun movement that wants to use that object to further their anti-gun legislation. I completely agree with you regarding the NRA giving our rights away. They are a big part of the problem that's why I support the GOA.

Unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way, and I've heard more fudds moaning and groaning that their precious bump stock is now worthless than I have heard people willing to fight against gun control.

More people are upset that I think bump stocks are as cool as herpes, than there are people getting upset that there was an actual ban that made it through committee.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If you are worried about herpes, have you heard about chirpies?

It is a canarial disease and it is untweetable.

I do think we have glossed over a possible use of bump stocks. Use them as training aids to teach people how to bump fire, then transition to using the belt loop and eventually unsuppoerted bump firing. Genius, I deserve an award.

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    The proposed ATF ban that currently in open comment stage is NOT legislation. If we don t comment, the Anti's will and the decision to ban or not will be based on counting up the comments. If you don t want the federal govt deciding what you can buy or not buy--fax a dang comment to ATF! I did,today to the number on their site. I don t like the stocks, but i like govt butt-in-skis LESS. otherwise, give em an inch& they will damn sure take a mile

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom