Slidefire going out of business on 5/20 at midnight.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    the attorney general who thought up the bump ban is the one who lied to Congress@ least once and got away w/it. I'd think we'd need a more ethical poster-boy(and a more ethical AG). he's a piece of--work. St.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    So my saying that I didn’t like the company and then going out of business because it was novelty crap, I’m saying I don’t support the 2a?

Please. What happened to my 1a right to voice my opinion about a useless product?? Lol

You’re probably the same hypocrites that complained when all these idiots started writing the ATF to ask if their Frankenstein firearm was legal with the brace until the ATF finally said “screw you guys! No, you can’t shoulder it!”. No one screamed “it’s my 2a right to shoulder it! No, they all said “why can’t these idiots stop asking!!!” (Thank you Mr. ATF for recanting that also!)

So now criticize me for saying the slidefire was a novelty piece of crap that never should have existed in the first place. Notice I didn’t say “ban them!!”... or that I agreed with banning them... I said I was glad the company closed. That’s MY opinion... and MY right.

Oh and FYI... I have an Echo Trigger. Quality product... not crap. The same reason I never bought a YUGO (the car not the firearm)... because it was crap! They went out of business also... and again, good riddance!

No one even bothered to start an argument or call me a dem because I didn’t like the nutsack foregrip???? I’m disappointed.

A witch!!!! BURN HIM!!! Hahaha

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Disheartening how other so called 2A folks see this. Just wait when they come for the very firearm/accessory you may like. Wait, aren't they adding language in the bump stock bill to include "any rate increasing devices"

Divided - we are falling...very sad

Yes, the Louisiana Bill that was went to the Senate, and was shot down, not only included Bump Stocks, but also opened the doors to ban other devices. No one here is saying they don't care about that bill, or other bills that are proposed for more gun control.

What we're saying is that we think bump stocks are stupid, that they should never have been made, and we don't care if they disappeared from existence. YOU PEOPLE are pointing the finger and saying we are "so called 2A folks," because we don't support your obsession of silly accessories. I don't recall an uproar when the ATF declared you couldn't shoulder a pistol brace... Thankfully, they reversed that, but the point still stands. I can easily vote against any form of gun control even though I think bump stocks are stupid.

If you want to know why we are "divided," it's because your precious NRA is giving away our rights right from under your feet.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, the Louisiana Bill that was went to the Senate, and was shot down, not only included Bump Stocks, but also opened the doors to ban other devices. No one here is saying they don't care about that bill, or other bills that are proposed for more gun control.

What we're saying is that we think bump stocks are stupid, that they should never have been made, and we don't care if they disappeared from existence. YOU PEOPLE are pointing the finger and saying we are "so called 2A folks," because we don't support your obsession of silly accessories. I don't recall an uproar when the ATF declared you couldn't shoulder a pistol brace... Thankfully, they reversed that, but the point still stands. I can easily vote against any form of gun control even though I think bump stocks are stupid.

If you want to know why we are "divided," it's because your precious NRA is giving away our rights right from under your feet.

The point isn't that you don't like them or think they are silly or don't see a point to them or wish they had never been created. Personally, I tend to agree with you on those points. The point people have an issue with is that you are ok with them going away through legislation. That you're ok with a product that is legal today being illegal tomorrow. It's fine to be glad the business is going under due to the free market.

There was an uproar with regard to not being able to shoulder a pistol brace, albeit not as large and not as divided as bump stocks. But there's a huge and obvious difference between that issue and the bump stock issue. In the pistol brace issue, no physical item was legal today and illegal the next day.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    The point isn't that you don't like them or think they are silly or don't see a point to them or wish they had never been created. Personally, I tend to agree with you on those points. The point people have an issue with is that you are ok with them going away through legislation. That you're ok with a product that is legal today being illegal tomorrow. It's fine to be glad the business is going under due to the free market.

There was an uproar with regard to not being able to shoulder a pistol brace, albeit not as large and not as divided as bump stocks. But there's a huge and obvious difference between that issue and the bump stock issue. In the pistol brace issue, no physical item was legal today and illegal the next day.

Where did I say I'm okay with them going away through legislation?

It's not okay for me to be indifferent about if something is legal or illegal? I know a lot of Pro-2A people that want weed legalized. What about them? Should we not be okay with that too? What about the people that want machine guns legalized? Is that not okay? I know people that don't want constitutional carry? What about them? Whoever is not okay with myself and others not caring about bump stocks can go sit in the corner and cry about it.

In the pistol brace issue, you are correct, nothing is illegal. Are bump stocks illegal?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ban bump stocks. Don't ban them. I don't care.

Where did I say I'm okay with them going away through legislation?

It's not okay for me to be indifferent about if something is legal or illegal? I know a lot of Pro-2A people that want weed legalized. What about them? Should we not be okay with that too? What about the people that want machine guns legalized? Is that not okay? I know people that don't want constitutional carry? What about them? Whoever is not okay with myself and others not caring about bump stocks can go sit in the corner and cry about it.

In the pistol brace issue, you are correct, nothing is illegal. Are bump stocks illegal?

You said earlier in this thread you're ok with them going away through legislation.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    You said earlier in this thread you're ok with them going away through legislation.

I did? The quote says ban or no ban, I don't care. It doesn't say "I hope they create legislation that renders bump stocks illegal."

Either way, that's semantics, the point was that I. DON'T. CARE.

I've stated what I do care about, but you and others have failed to read that, because it's not what you're interested in reading.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I did? The quote says ban or no ban, I don't care. It doesn't say "I hope they create legislation that renders bump stocks illegal."

Either way, that's semantics, the point was that I. DON'T. CARE.

I've stated what I do care about, but you and others have failed to read that, because it's not what you're interested in reading.

Exactly. You don't care. You are ok with them going away through legislation. That's the issue people have, as I stated in post #24. I didn't say people have an issue because you want them to be banned.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Exactly. You don't care. You are ok with them going away through legislation. That's the issue people have, as I stated in post #24. I didn't say people have an issue because you want them to be banned.

Where does it specifically say that I am okay with them going away through legislation? I don't think you can fathom the concept that I can not care about bump stocks, but do care about ensuring gun control laws do not pass. Do you think a proposed bill is the only way the path to banning them can happen?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Where does it specifically say that I am okay with them going away through legislation? I don't think you can fathom the concept that I can not care about bump stocks, but do care about ensuring gun control laws do not pass. Do you think a proposed bill is the only way the path to banning them can happen?

I've already pointed out where you said you were ok with it. You can play the semantics game and claim you never used those exact words in that exact order so you never said it. Or claim that your level of concern is that fine line where you don't care if they are banned by some method other than legislation but are against actual legislation to ban them.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I've already pointed out where you said you were ok with it. You can play the semantics game and claim you never used those exact words in that exact order so you never said it. Or claim that your level of concern is that fine line where you don't care if they are banned by some method other than legislation but are against actual legislation to ban them.

Ever heard of an executive order? I suppose not.

If an executive order were passed, there isn't much I can do about it, and I don't care about it banning bump stocks. I would be concerned with any other potential bans that are included in that executive order. I support those who are in the state legislature fighting ALL gun control.

You are thinking just like them. I'll say it again, I don't care if they are banned. If they suddenly disappeared into thin air, I would not be upset. They should have never been created in the first place, and if you don't understand why, you are also part of the problem.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    a67.png

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ever heard of an executive order? I suppose not.

If an executive order were passed, there isn't much I can do about it, and I don't care about it banning bump stocks. I would be concerned with any other potential bans that are included in that executive order. I support those who are in the state legislature fighting ALL gun control.

You are thinking just like them. I'll say it again, I don't care if they are banned. If they suddenly disappeared into thin air, I would not be upset. They should have never been created in the first place, and if you don't understand why, you are also part of the problem.

Got it. Ban bump stocks. Or don't ban them. You don't care.*

*Unless the ban comes in the form of legislation in which case you do care and are vehemently against it.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Got it. Ban bump stocks. Or don't ban them. You don't care.*

*Unless the ban comes in the form of legislation in which case you do care and are vehemently against it.

Correct.

When the ban comes in the form of legislation, it has less to do with bump stocks, and more to do with banning all firearms.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct.

When the ban comes in the form of legislation, it has less to do with bump stocks, and more to do with banning all firearms.

Yes. And it's a good thing nobody has proposed any such legislation that included bump stocks. Otherwise, your oft repeated "I don't care if they are banned" stance without any clarification might have been applied to all methods of proposed banning, even the ones you do care about.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Yes. And it's a good thing nobody has proposed any such legislation that included bump stocks. Otherwise, your oft repeated "I don't care if they are banned" stance without any clarification might have been applied to all methods of proposed banning, even the ones you do care about.

They have proposed legislation that included bump stocks... and it didn't pass the senate. For someone in a thread arguing about politics, you don't pay much attention to politics.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They have proposed legislation that included bump stocks... and it didn't pass the senate. For someone in a thread arguing about politics, you don't pay much attention to politics.

I guess you completely missed the sarcasm. When you say you don't care if they are banned and there is legislation proposed to ban them, it is reasonable to conclude that you don't care if that legislation passes, i.e., that you are ok with the legislation. It is unreasonable to conclude that an unmentioned exception to your stance should be applied.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I guess you completely missed the sarcasm. When you say you don't care if they are banned and there is legislation proposed to ban them, it is reasonable to conclude that you don't care if that legislation passes, i.e., that you are ok with the legislation. It is unreasonable to conclude that an unmentioned exception to your stance should be applied.

It's reasonable to conclude you are trying to win an argument that doesn't exist.

It is unreasonable to believe there will ever be legislation that ONLY bans bump stocks.

When I say I don't care if they are banned, I mean I don't care if they are banned.

Top Bottom