Slidefire going out of business on 5/20 at midnight.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I haven't seen anyone post this so I hope it's not a repeat. I got an email from Slidefire saying that they will be closing permanently. They won't take any orders past midnight Sunday, 5/20/18.

I apologize, I thought the email said 4/20 and that's what I put down in my original post. It actually said 5/20, so you have another month to decide if you want to get one. Again, I'm sorry for the mixup.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Good riddance... novelty crap. I hope the next to go is the company that makes the nutsack vertical grip... waste of rail space. Of course, unless you enjoy holding onto another set of nuts (that aren't your own) while you put rounds down range. ;)

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Wow, you guys are awesome, and by awesome I do not mean awesome...

Regardless if you like a product or not, vote with your money. I did not see a need for a bump fire stock, so I did not buy one. But I do not mind that the product exists. Apparently they made a popular product, so I am sad to see a company who was pro 2A and though "outside the box" have to cease their business due to legislation.

You guys are sounding like demos... "Just because "I" don't see a need for a product means there "is" no need for it"

This is a big loss for us on the right, and another rung on the ladder for the left to stand on when they try to demonize the next item.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I agree with jdindadell, wow, you 2 are a couple of class acts. I didn't want a slidefire stock but I didn't want to see them put out of business but a bunch of politicians.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Bump stocks were a way to circumvent a law. Binary triggers do the same.

Rather than chastising us for making comments about something that should have never existed, think about it this way...

If the Hughes Amendment never existed, we wouldn't need silly bump fire stocks. Something something, vote with your money.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area

Regardless if you like a product or not, vote with your money. I did not see a need for a bump fire stock, so I did not buy one. But I do not mind that the product exists. Apparently they made a popular product, so I am sad to see a company who was pro 2A and though "outside the box" have to cease their business due to legislation.

You guys are sounding like demos... "Just because "I" don't see a need for a product means there "is" no need for it"

This is a big loss for us on the right, and another rung on the ladder for the left to stand on when they try to demonize the next item.

This

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area

Rather than chastising us for making comments about something that should have never existed, think about it this way...

If the Hughes Amendment never existed, we wouldn't need silly bump fire stocks. Something something, vote with your money.

Those of us old enough to remember how the Hughes Amendment gained traction will also recall it was made possible by 2A factions being divided over "non sporting" guns. Here it is happening again and people are patting themselves on the back for it.
    While I don't own any drum mags or Slide Fire stocks I'm not going to support the opposition by condemning them. We have enough problems with so-called sporting groups attacking firearms ownership.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

x2

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I recently heard a Sunday school teacher make the comment that this freedom of speech stuff is getting out of hand. All I could think is that there are many saying the same thing about you and your teachings. Once a Right is given up chances are it will never be given back. If you don’t like it don’t watch, buy, participate, or support it.

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    the comment period is half over and Sessions numbskull idea is losing 3to1. the redefinition of automatic will not occur like the green tip ban did not happen. this is not a dictatorship like the left believed. gun owners are divided tho and thats what will destroy us-and freedom from tyranny. Divided we fall

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell

What he said !

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

Your logic would dictate that by driving 69 I am teasing the law?

Or how about driving 70 in the slow lane, not breaking the law but perhaps going against the "spirit" of the slow lane?

I really do not believe that one can "circumvent" laws. Either the law is well written (eye of the beholder) to cover whatever it needs to, or it is poorly written (again, eye of the beholder) and will spur a change if possible.

A binary trigger does not break a law, and it likely did not exist when said law was written. If binary triggers cause no issues, then they are certainly not a problem. They are pricey (not compared to a legal machine gun) and people like them.

I can imagine that you are working diligently to get the Hughes Amendment repealed... Contemplating "what ifs" is not getting anywhere. I still feel that the negative view on slidefire cause "you don't like them" is shortsighted, and is indicative of the greater problem that pro gunners face, even in our own ranks.

I just can't see a person who is pro 2A having an issues with a so-called "work around" of a law that is blatantly unconstitutional. If the anit-gunners had half a clue they would get this stuff written up better to cover the bases they have left open.

Sure, some of us (me included at times) cringe when we see a gun owner using some of these products is a less than mature way. I enjoy shooting, mainly as a skill building challenge, and find the mechanical complexities of guns (and everything else) immensely fascinating. Seeing a redneck do a full betamag dump into a pond with a slidefire stock is a little cringe-worthy to me, but I can appreciate that the same guy would likely go out of his way to lend me a hand and stand up for our rights. His idea of enjoyment is none of my concern, and I will push to keep his rights, and mine.

We are all focusing on the wrong thing, and that is the core of the control we experience. Get us all going on some small topic and we miss the big picture...

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Those of us old enough to remember how the Hughes Amendment gained traction will also recall it was made possible by 2A factions being divided over "non sporting" guns. Here it is happening again and people are patting themselves on the back for it.
    While I don't own any drum mags or Slide Fire stocks I'm not going to support the opposition by condemning them. We have enough problems with so-called sporting groups attacking firearms ownership.

Thanks to the internet, firearm owners are more educated today than they were in 1986. No one is divided over non sporting rifles in 2018. We're divided on supporting national activist groups that are willing to sacrifice our rights for their political gain.

Your logic would dictate that by driving 69 I am teasing the law?

Or how about driving 70 in the slow lane, not breaking the law but perhaps going against the "spirit" of the slow lane?

I really do not believe that one can "circumvent" laws. Either the law is well written (eye of the beholder) to cover whatever it needs to, or it is poorly written (again, eye of the beholder) and will spur a change if possible.

A binary trigger does not break a law, and it likely did not exist when said law was written. If binary triggers cause no issues, then they are certainly not a problem. They are pricey (not compared to a legal machine gun) and people like them.

I can imagine that you are working diligently to get the Hughes Amendment repealed... Contemplating "what ifs" is not getting anywhere. I still feel that the negative view on slidefire cause "you don't like them" is shortsighted, and is indicative of the greater problem that pro gunners face, even in our own ranks.

I just can't see a person who is pro 2A having an issues with a so-called "work around" of a law that is blatantly unconstitutional. If the anit-gunners had half a clue they would get this stuff written up better to cover the bases they have left open.

Sure, some of us (me included at times) cringe when we see a gun owner using some of these products is a less than mature way. I enjoy shooting, mainly as a skill building challenge, and find the mechanical complexities of guns (and everything else) immensely fascinating. Seeing a redneck do a full betamag dump into a pond with a slidefire stock is a little cringe-worthy to me, but I can appreciate that the same guy would likely go out of his way to lend me a hand and stand up for our rights. His idea of enjoyment is none of my concern, and I will push to keep his rights, and mine.

We are all focusing on the wrong thing, and that is the core of the control we experience. Get us all going on some small topic and we miss the big picture...

Ban bump stocks. Don't ban them. I don't care.

What you and many others won't accept is that I can be 100% pro-gun without caring one bit about a silly bump stock. Would you quit your job and fight the government every day if they decided to ban sling swivels? I don't think you would.

I wish everyone that bought a bump stock would have also signed up for a training class for every bump stock they bought. I'd rather have educated gun owners than a bunch of herp derps wanting to exercise their freedom by turning a berm into swiss cheese.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I recently heard a Sunday school teacher make the comment that this freedom of speech stuff is getting out of hand. All I could think is that there are many saying the same thing about you and your teachings. Once a Right is given up chances are it will never be given back. If you don’t like it don’t watch, buy, participate, or support it.

I would have confronted her and told her to never speak of God again.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Good riddance... novelty crap. I hope the next to go is the company that makes the nutsack vertical grip... waste of rail space. Of course, unless you enjoy holding onto another set of nuts (that aren't your own) while you put rounds down range. ;)

Disheartening how other so called 2A folks see this. Just wait when they come for the very firearm/accessory you may like. Wait, aren't they adding language in the bump stock bill to include "any rate increasing devices"

Divided - we are falling...very sad

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    hAve to log back on to ATF's bumpstock comment website, altho i did see the term rate of fire increase SOMEwHERE! somebody check out the wording in the current ban proposal. I f true, there is the vague language they always use to go "off topic", and try to ban everything that may fit definition. if true there goes the triggers. even ifthe language meant cranks, STILL there go the triggers! Stev-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom