Coolers Better Than Yeti

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    It would help if someone posted an email address to send a complaint to Yeti about them severing ties with the NRA.
    THAT would get results fast. It would be shared.

And the name is "YETI."

Complain for what? Because YETI decided to globally retire a discounting program?

How about you send a complaint to the NRA for releasing false information?

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Complain for what? Because YETI decided to globally retire a discounting program?

How about you send a complaint to the NRA for releasing false information?
    I always give the benefit of doubt and would like to in this case but I read the response Yeti offered and it is pretty obvious it was written by PR and very avasive or ignorantly written . The NRA never said Yeti was claiming to be anti 2 ond nor that they claimed to not support hunting the NRA said Yeti was not supporting the NRA . What was Yeti's response? That they support hunting and the second amendment , exactly what Hillary claims . If they were being honest they would say we support the NRA and it's members and we are very sorry our friends at the NRA took it wrong and we look forward to doing business with them on out . If I'm wrong and they have said they fully support the NRA (then and now ) please educate me . I may be wrong but it appears. Is yeti trying to play both sides or do they openly support the NRA ?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I always give the benefit of doubt and would like to in this case but I read the response Yeti offered and it is pretty obvious it was written by PR and very avasive or ignorantly written . The NRA never said Yeti was claiming to be anti 2 ond nor that they claimed to not support hunting the NRA said Yeti was not supporting the NRA . What was Yeti's response? That they support hunting and the second amendment , exactly what Hillary claims . If they were being honest they would say we support the NRA and it's members and we are very sorry our friends at the NRA took it wrong and we look forward to doing business with them on out . If I'm wrong and they have said they fully support the NRA (then and now ) please educate me . I may be wrong but it appears. Is yeti trying to play both sides or do they openly support the NRA ?

Are you saying that the NRA never has statements written by their PR department?

Considering that what YETI has stated is the same thing that dealers are reporting, I'm more inclined to believe them.

YETI apparently offered them a deal and they didn't want it. Instead, they cried wolf.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Are you saying that the NRA never has statements written by their PR department?

Considering that what YETI has stated is the same thing that dealers are reporting, I'm more inclined to believe them.

YETI apparently offered them a deal and they didn't want it. Instead, they cried wolf.
    The NRA said yeti didn't support the NRA Yeti could have cleared it up by saying WE still support the NRA and it was a misunderstanding but they didn't and have yet to proclaim they do . Maybe they do and the people in charge are just too stupid to say it publicly like you say or maybe they are playing both sides by getting liberals on their side by not supporting the NRA and gun owners on their side by saying they support the second amendment but what they mean is a revised liberal designed second amendment . They have had plenty of time to publicly address the question " Do you still support the NRA or don't you" . I say they should put out a public notice saying PRO NRA or NOT PRO NRA

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    The NRA said yeti didn't support the NRA Yeti could have cleared it up by saying WE still support the NRA and it was a misunderstanding but they didn't and have yet to proclaim they do . Maybe they do and the people in charge are just too stupid to say it publicly like you say or maybe they are playing both sides by getting liberals on their side by not supporting the NRA and gun owners on their side by saying they support the second amendment but what they mean is a revised liberal designed second amendment . They have had plenty of time to publicly address the question " Do you still support the NRA or don't you" . I say they should put out a public notice saying PRO NRA or NOT PRO NRA

I don't care if YETI does or doesn't support the NRA. YETI had a business account with the NRA, the account is no longer there, because YETI retired those accounts (for everyone).

Yes, I'm sure YETI is trying to get the vegan non-binary LGBTQLMNOP people on their side to buy support their business of making ice coolers and beverage holders.

I can have business deals with companies without supporting their cause. Ice chest coolers have nothing to do with the NRA's mission.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I've sent a request to Charmin, Cottonelle, and Quilted Northern to get their stance on the NRA so you will know what toilet paper you should buy in the future.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Thanks but I have already done the research on toilet paper and most other things I purchase and don't do business with companies that are anti gun rights . That said you sir are crawfishing just like Yeti . You first criticizing NRA for saying Yeti didn't support them now when it's apparent Yeti is avoiding taking a stand and not clearifying the issue you say you don't care . I read the NRA accusations and at first felt Yeti was owed an appoligy but their refusal ,or long delay if that's what it is, leads me to believe they are checking the wind to see which way it's blowing . Also if you will read my comments my concern is not that they don't support the NRA but that they don't clerafy . If they said we believe every law-abiding citizen should be able to have ARs with 30 round mags and we believe in nation wide concealed carry But no longer support the NRA because we feel they $#@_&-+(_ what ever I would be 100% in support of them .You do not have to support the NRA to be on our side but you do have to stand up for our rights. As far as letting me know what products to buy I would hope you are not chicken $_& enough to support the companies that caved into the Hogg and his idiots . Is Yeti on of those companies? Who knows but I will not support them until they make their position clear.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Thanks but I have already done the research on toilet paper and most other things I purchase and don't do business with companies that are anti gun rights . That said you sir are crawfishing just like Yeti . You first criticizing NRA for saying Yeti didn't support them now when it's apparent Yeti is avoiding taking a stand and not clearifying the issue you say you don't care . I read the NRA accusations and at first felt Yeti was owed an appoligy but their refusal ,or long delay if that's what it is, leads me to believe they are checking the wind to see which way it's blowing . Also if you will read my comments my concern is not that they don't support the NRA but that they don't clerafy . If they said we believe every law-abiding citizen should be able to have ARs with 30 round mags and we believe in nation wide concealed carry But no longer support the NRA because we feel they $#@_&-+(_ what ever I would be 100% in support of them .You do not have to support the NRA to be on our side but you do have to stand up for our rights. As far as letting me know what products to buy I would hope you are not chicken $_& enough to support the companies that caved into the Hogg and his idiots . Is Yeti on of those companies? Who knows but I will not support them until they make their position clear.

Did you own any YETI coolers when YETI supposedly supported the NRA?
    If you answer no to that question, you can get off your tiny soapbox.

YOU are what is wrong with the pro-2nd amendment crowd.

Stop buying gasoline, because I know of zero petrochemical companies that support the NRA.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Did you own any YETI coolers when YETI supposedly supported the NRA?
    If you answer no to that question, you can get off your tiny soapbox.

YOU are what is wrong with the pro-2nd amendment crowd.

Stop buying gasoline, because I know of zero petrochemical companies that support the NRA.
    Yes I do but not with NRA on the logo . You say "supposedly supported "does that mean you believe they never did in the first place ? You say I'm what is wrong with the pro second amendment crowd because I try to purchase from only pro second amendment companies and demand transparency !!! I was not aware I was discussing this with someone who was not part of the pro second amendment crowd or I would not have wasted my time .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes I do but not with NRA on the logo . You say "supposedly supported "does that mean you believe they never did in the first place ? You say I'm what is wrong with the pro second amendment crowd because I try to purchase from only pro second amendment companies and demand transparency !!! I was not aware I was discussing this with someone who was not part of the pro second amendment crowd or I would not have wasted my time .

I’m not buying an inferior product just because they don’t openly support a certain group. I find it hard to beat up yeti for a business move when the head of the nra is making close to $1mil a year salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

They made their position clear. "Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment."
    https://www.yeti.com/press/official-statement-from-yeti.html

The NRA made a statement. Yeti released a statement they said was to correct what the NRA initially said. The NRA released a statement that said they were not notified by Yeti that other businesses were effected by Yeti's decision so Yeti must somehow be targeting the NRA. Why should Yeti continue to have to release press releases every time the NRA makes up some nonsense?

What words in what order does Yeti need to put in a press release to make you happy again? You're willing to be happy with Yeti if they say they believe every law-abiding citizen should be able to have ARs with 30 round mags and we believe in nation wide concealed carry even if Yeti also says they don't support the NRA. But you're not happy with Yeti saying they believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment because they didn't mention the NRA. It's possible for you to be happy with Yeti if they support the NRA. It's possible for you to be happy with Yeti if they don't support the NRA. But if they don't make a statement either way, you seem to feel they are a bad company.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

You should throw your YETI full of tea into the harbor, old chap.

I say supposedly supported, because before this debacle I was unaware of YETI actually supporting the NRA. Having a dealer account to sell coolers doesn't mean they support the NRA, it's just a business arrangement.

You are what is wrong with pro gun supporters, because you do DEMAND things. What are you going to do if you don't get your demands, little snowflake? Not buy an ice chest? :rofl:

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think that YETI doesn't support your fudd group, so you are upset. Guess what? A lot of folks that are pro gun don't support the NRA.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    You should throw your YETI full of tea into the harbor, old chap.

I say supposedly supported, because before this debacle I was unaware of YETI actually supporting the NRA. Having a dealer account to sell coolers doesn't mean they support the NRA, it's just a business arrangement.

You are what is wrong with pro gun supporters, because you do DEMAND things. What are you going to do if you don't get your demands, little snowflake? Not buy an ice chest? :rofl:

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think that YETI doesn't support your fudd group, so you are upset. Guess what? A lot of folks that are pro gun don't support the NRA.
    Thank you for making my point .You started out defending yeti and claiming they didn't stop supporting the NRA now you call the NRA a fudd group and say you don't know if they ever did . You all so made a false claim that I felt anyone who didn't support the NRA didn't support the second amendment even though I made it clear that was not my belief . Then you called people who try to only support pro constitutional companies SNOW FLAKES . And people like me are a problem because we stand up for what we believe in . I'm quite sure I'm going to end up being banned from this forum for saying what I think but you sir are a pompus $@#hole who enjoys having constitutional rights and turns around and belittles those of us who would die to insure those rights are not taken away . Like I said before I was unaware I was discussing this with a liberal ediot and I will not waste any more time with you s&$+ head . Go ahead take more cheap shots and show everyone who hasn't already figured you out how left wing nut you are and don't worry I will not read it or respond so say what you like .

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Thank you for making my point .You started out defending yeti and claiming they didn't stop supporting the NRA now you call the NRA a fudd group and say you don't know if they ever did . You all so made a false claim that I felt anyone who didn't support the NRA didn't support the second amendment even though I made it clear that was not my belief . Then you called people who try to only support pro constitutional companies SNOW FLAKES . And people like me are a problem because we stand up for what we believe in . I'm quite sure I'm going to end up being banned from this forum for saying what I think but you sir are a pompus $@#hole who enjoys having constitutional rights and turns around and belittles those of us who would die to insure those rights are not taken away . Like I said before I was unaware I was discussing this with a liberal ediot and I will not waste any more time with you s&$+ head . Go ahead take more cheap shots and show everyone who hasn't already figured you out how left wing nut you are and don't worry I will not read it or respond so say what you like .

Your lack of knowledge, incorrect spelling of multiple words, and poor grammar make it difficult for me to take you seriously.

You are part of the problem. You are not doing anything by being ignorant. You can't even have a debate without getting offended.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It appears you have now changed your stance. Before, you were skeptical of those that say they support the constitution and the second amendment. After all, that's what Hillary says. Your line was if they support the NRA or not. Then you changed it to being ok if Yeti doesn't support the NRA as long as they are pro AR with 30 round mags and concealed carry reciprocity. And now you are lumping yourself in with people who support pro-constitution companies. Yeti is one of those pro-constitution companies. So following your logic, you both do and don't support Yeti. It sounds like you are playing both sides, much like you accused Yeti of doing.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The Igloos can be had for less than what the writer described.....you can get the Igloo Sportsman 55qt at Sam's Club for around $168 in white, $176 in tan. The Yeti Tundra 65 goes for $349. I have both- and the Igloo holds just as much as the Yeti. I really like the giant "bathtub sized" drain plug on the Igloo, as well. Beats the Yeti hands down in that department, for sure.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    It appears you have now changed your stance. Before, you were skeptical of those that say they support the constitution and the second amendment. After all, that's what Hillary says. Your line was if they support the NRA or not. Then you changed it to being ok if Yeti doesn't support the NRA as long as they are pro AR with 30 round mags and concealed carry reciprocity. And now you are lumping yourself in with people who support pro-constitution companies. Yeti is one of those pro-constitution companies. So following your logic, you both do and don't support Yeti. It sounds like you are playing both sides, much like you accused Yeti of doing.

Top Bottom