Glock grip work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    What kinda texture are you going for? Removing finger grooves and a double under cut is easy enough

DrAMJKT.jpg

my personal gun.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you want it perfectly flat, stippgrips does an amazing job with a lot of different textures to try. Mind you, keeping the factory texture will be almost impossible. Who ever does the work is going to be grinding everything down and will re-texture over it.

For the money it will cost, you may be better off selling your glock and replacing it with a gen 5. But not all models are available in gen 5 and it doesn’t have the after market support the other gens have yet

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you want it perfectly flat, stippgrips does an amazing job with a lot of different textures to try. Mind you, keeping the factory texture will be almost impossible. Who ever does the work is going to be grinding everything down and will re-texture over it.

For the money it will cost, you may be better off selling your glock and replacing it with a gen 5. But not all models are available in gen 5 and it doesn’t have the after market support the other gens have yet

Where are you based? Could you maybe help me do it so I don’t ruin it?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live in New Orleans, And now that I think of it. I have heard of people grinding down Just the finger grooves and covering it with a piece of grip tape (they make a sandpaper and rubber type) that kinda is shaped like a bandaid.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm pretty busy most days, But if we can work out something that works out in both of our schedules, I would be willing to. I'm not a "pro" at it. I really have done just my pistols, MXAV's and GringoLoco's. And we ALL have the same texture. The same texture that ZEV uses, why? B/c We all have zev slides and parts, and I happen to own a factory zev pistol along with a few more that are pretty much complete zevs.

MKK3BYb.jpg

These are my pistols that I worked on.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Would you be free to help me get it done? It’s just a much more natural grip for me

So long as you have a vise, sandpaper, and patience, you will be fine.

I don't have a FFL, so I do not do gunsmithing. If you want grip work done by a licensed gunsmith who specializes in stippling, you should check out https://valhallacustomgrips.com/

I must say that work bench looks really familiar.....

Well, that's because it's the same guy :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom