Castle Law?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I would think that to be able to enforce the law, one would need to know the law.

Those are my thoughts and many others as well.Like I stated before,no one is asking leo to be attorneys,just better versed in the laws they are carrying out.

I own and have owned many very well established biz's.If I thought training and learning more about things was a bad thing,I would not be where I am today.I am glad I am open minded to the needs o9f others.

I think leo get caught up in peeps bashing of them and do not stop to think,we are still a democratic society and appreciate being treated as such.:)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    sorry. I figured "large number" and "most" would fall into the same column..... what details? that's a hard answer, as I can only go from past experience and what i read in the media, which i do understand is usually b/s... I guess basically, as it was said above on page 1... shouldn't a law enforcement officer be required to go through at least a few months of formal law school so they can better understand and perform their job? I surely think so. I guess I'm going off the base that I follow for myself in my career. To perform my job better, I want to know the in's and outs, and all details that surround it. I started my job not knowing anything about electrical because its not required but it helps. So I've started taking night classes to become a certified electrician. Do I have to? No. But it will help me perform my job better.

I.e. I've considered signing up to become LEO myself. But after reading more into it, talking to friends that are LEO and what they have to deal with as far as laws go, etc.... I realize I'm not educated in law enough and can't afford to become so, so I'm surely not going to put myself in that position. Kudos to those guys that are willing in multiple ways... I surely respect LEO and will always offer any kind of assistance needed (that I'm capable of) if I see an officer in need of help. But I damn sure don't want to try and do their job...

So was it really you bowing out for the sake of the public or something else? Now you have me curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    At the end of the day what matters is how the DA defines the law and not the LEO working the case. Past that is up to the judge and/or Jury if it comes to that. The LEO can arrest a person but backing any charges is up to the DA

I get that,totally.Im glad for that.Im just asking ,is their a better way to stream the bad people to them accordingly and hence see the good in the decent people:)

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    So someone wants to know if he can shoot someone for trespassing and cops need more training in laws and shooting. Another BS **** show summed up in a few words. On to the next thread LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perfect example of ignorance in the eyes of people.Awww the close minded,im better than everyone else, and I never do anything wrong person. We appreciate your comments.But we are looking to help the situation,not stir a pot of bad beans.Not one person on this thread has bashed or berated any leo or anyone else.

The topic is to see why,,what better ways,,and how to move forward in certain cases.

This thread is not for peeps like you that want to bash everyone but yourself.Please keep your comments to the topic.

Thanks

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Those are my thoughts and many others as well.Like I stated before,no one is asking leo to be attorneys,just better versed in the laws they are carrying out.

I own and have owned many very well established biz's.If I thought training and learning more about things was a bad thing,I would not be where I am today.I am glad I am open minded to the needs o9f others.

I think leo get caught up in peeps bashing of them and do not stop to think,we are still a democratic society and appreciate being treated as such.:)

Yes LEO are updated on laws.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Perfect example of ignorance in the eyes of people.Awww the close minded,im better than everyone else, and I never do anything wrong person. We appreciate your comments.But we are looking to help the situation,not stir a pot of bad beans.Not one person on this thread has bashed or berated any leo or anyone else.

The topic is to see why,,what better ways,,and how to move forward in certain cases.

This thread is not for peeps like you that want to bash everyone but yourself.Please keep your comments to the topic.

Thanks

Lol, please read your post 11 and 13. You turned this into a LEO training deficiency thread but now I’m ignorant. I stand by my statement of another BS **** show. Thanks for proving my point.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Yes LEO are updated on laws.

Ok,then why do 10 different leo have 10 different assumptions or advisement of the laws?
    And I mean any laws ,period.

Are each leo remembering the laws or interpreting them by what they think.

I am just confused how each one can say something different to each law,if this so called traning was effective?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok,then why do 10 different leo have 10 different assumptions or advisement of the laws?
    And I mean any laws ,period.

I have not seen this and I’m willing to bet you don’t know 10 so I’m saying your full of ****. Next ignorant question please, I’ll answer them accordingly.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Lol, please read your post 11 and 13. You turned this into a LEO training deficiency thread but now I’m ignorant. I stand by my statement of another BS **** show. Thanks for proving my point.

No m,your proved your own self to be in doubt ,because you are now saying something different than other leo rersponding.

MY POINT EXACTLY,why isn't everyone on the same page? Is each leo reading a different book? lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    No m,your proved your own self to be in doubt ,because you are now saying something different than other leo rersponding.

MY POINT EXACTLY,why isn't everyone on the same page? Is each leo reading a different book? lol

Now your just making **** up. This is ridiculous

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I have not seen this and I’m willing to bet you don’t know 10 so I’m saying your full of ****. Next ignorant question please, I’ll answer them accordingly.

I probably know hundreds,but I'm not going to continue to argue with a post.

You sir are a perfect example of a closed minded,un eventful person,looking to berate anyone in your path.

Please stay on topic or actually go read and stir up some one elses thread or pot :(

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I probably knows hundreds,but Im not going to continue to argue with a post.

You sir are a perfect example of a closed minded,un eventful person,looking to berate anyone in your path.

Please stay on topic or actually go read and stir up some one elses thread or pot :(

Lol. So you can’t justify any of your statements so you quit to “stay on topic”. Have a good day sir.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I probably know hundreds,but I'm not going to continue to argue with a post.

If he's a perfect example of a closed minded uneventful person, who is looking to berate anyone in his path, you must be dyslexic.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    If he's a perfect example of a closed minded uneventful person, who is looking to berate anyone in his path, you must be dyslexic.

That is completely inappropriate and you should be banned for that comment sir.
    We are not here to call people names,especially to mental conditions they can not help.

Your sad for doing such a hurtful comment.

If you can not add to the thread,please move along,thanks

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I never stated that anywhere in any of my thread,but good try showing a 6th grader mentality for us today:)

You literally posted:

As an officer.I know what the law says.

So I asked if you were LE.

Then you insult me by telling me I am showing my 6th grader mentality. Take your own advice...

That is completely inappropriate and you should be banned for that comment sir.
    We are not here to call people names,especially to mental conditions they can not help.

Your sad for doing such a hurtful comment.

If you can not add to the thread,please move along,thanks

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You literally posted:

Then you insult me by telling me I am showing my 6th grader mentality. Take your own advice...

He’s only ok with certain things if he’s the one dishing it out. Maybe he is a plant from the left lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You literally posted:

Why would you say you were a LEO deerslayer?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom