Castle Law?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He didn't change your post. See below:

OK calm down people..Nothing to get stirred up over here..

Apparently his reading skills are a little retained ,lets say.

I said "Exactly.What does determine as justified,per say ,in your mind?
    As an officer.I know what the law says

Sorry ,,it should have been state dbetter on my part maybe as well..

It should have read.....Exactly.What does determine as justified,per say ,in your mind,
    As an officer?.I know what the law says

I should have put a comma after mind and a question mark instead of a period after officer.

No ones perfect,but he only took a part of what I said,,so that is changing it ,per say..

You know I said earlier,,,I respected leo and was thankful for their service..

But it seems everyone is more concerned about bashing me ,instead of staying on topic and having good input to pass to others.

Ohh well..I wont post anymore,,god forbid someone learning something new.....

So you used incorrect punctuation but it was his reading skills that were the issue? And if you believe everyone is more concerned with bashing you, I would have to call into question your reading and/or comprehension skills. I have been having a conversation with Charlie12 regarding how the police interpreted the law. That's pretty close to what you stated was the topic of the thread. I only got involved with you when you changed what someone else wrote and accused them of doing the same instead of simply explaining what you actually wrote. And he didn't change what you wrote, per say or anything. You started a new line. That can reasonably be viewed as a new thought. So it's not unreasonable to say "as an officer" should go with the words on the same line rather than go with the previous thought.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Maybe it is illegal to have a gun on school property and him talking about it to his friends gave the officer reasonable grounds to search the vehicle.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ok,then why do 10 different leo have 10 different assumptions or advisement of the laws?
    And I mean any laws ,period.

Are each leo remembering the laws or interpreting them by what they think.

I am just confused how each one can say something different to each law,if this so called traning was effective?
    It’s not always that they don’t know the law as much as what they want civilians to think or any other ways they can view, define or otherwise use the law to help whatever case they are working. I don’t wanna play devil’s advocate here, but enough of us have seen enough videos of LEO’s talking together on scene about what charges they’re going to go with and how they can possibly justify them. That’s some enforcement finesse at work right there, taylor made and personalized by each LEO like a handmade craft. I spent a number of years exposed to that side of law enforcement and yes it does exist, and by majority.
    When a good LEO is parked at a crossroads at midnight, running warrants, he might think a particular vehicle stopping at that 4 way stop just looks like it has a driver or passenger that has outstanding warrants. So, even if the driver stops at the sign and waits a while to proceed, the LEO may decide to follow, run the plate and eventually stop the vehicle for failure to come to a complete stop. But the vehicle did come to a complete stop....but that doesn’t matter if the driver has an outstanding warrant does it...
    Bottom line, they enforce as they see fit, but are not the final say. Checks and balances.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm fairly certain he's the reincarnation of a once banned user with multiple accounts.

I've come to the same conclusion. The question that arises is how shall we handle it...which will depend on his response to the PM I just sent him.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Yeah...banned members should stay banned. Amiright?

I think the grey area would be why they were banned.

I know of a few members that asked to have their account banned, but have another account. I asked to have my account wiped like LSP972, but the powers that be wouldn't allow it. Apparently I had a lot of threads that generated traffic around here. It would be a shame to lose all of that.

That was before your time though.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Dave asked to be taken down/off the list of members since at the time some members were less than cordial towards him.
    As well as the site in general. Now that things are more normal he is back. Or at least normal for here. AFAIK

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Dave asked to be taken down/off the list of members since at the time some members were less than cordial towards him.
    As well as the site in general. Now that things are more normal he is back. Or at least normal for here. AFAIK

I wasn't going to continually argue with people like Whitebread. It seems like the majority of pot stirrers are gone now. I'm sure Kevin isn't happy I'm back though (but that's for other reasons).

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think the grey area would be why they were banned.

I know of a few members that asked to have their account banned, but have another account. I asked to have my account wiped like LSP972, but the powers that be wouldn't allow it. Apparently I had a lot of threads that generated traffic around here. It would be a shame to lose all of that.

That was before your time though.

Relax...it was sarcasm.

Top Bottom