Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mill Spec

User Info Menu

I do firearm appraisals quite often. They're usually for estate valuations and almost exclusively for lawyers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    In the saying " for God and Country" there is a reason that "God is first.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigjakewelch View Post
    I do firearm appraisals quite often. They're usually for estate valuations and almost exclusively for lawyers.
    Best reason I've heard all year for an appraisal.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

On Target

User Info Menu

I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, been busy at work. My friend sold his rifles last Wednesday. He didn't say how much he received for the rifles, but he's happy with the deal he made.
    Last edited by The Key Master; May 11th, 2018 at 06:48 AM.

User Info Menu

I would not trust anyone to appraise my rifles. I suggest you do your own research and check out the selling prices of those rifles.

All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

In my experience, appraisals on anything are usually for replacement purposes, as in insurance or some other reason that the approximate value needs to be documented for the record, on paper, from a formal person considered by a court or company to be legitimate and a professional whose opinion of said value would be accepted. Not so often for sale purposes.
    That being said, thank you God almighty for not letting that crooked divorce attorney ask the judge to have me appraise my firearms collection those years ago.
    Last edited by Magdump; June 28th, 2018 at 01:30 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigjakewelch View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BigJake - do you do appraisals of modern firearms or for antique (pre-1900) ? I know of an estate that needs a firearms evaluation (pre-1900). Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

i had an insurance policy in 2002 that required a notarized written appraisal for each firearm on the policy. back then gun shops were charging $20 per gun, pawn shops $10.