Academy Sports HUGE SALE!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So I woke up this morning and Academy is having a Friends and Family event with 10% off everything on their site (automatically).

But with Coupon code CC201820PCT it will give you another 20% off which nets ~28%

But wait there's more, if you use "active junky" an ebates type website. (Think fatwallet cash), you get an ADDITIONAL 5% off
    https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1545757

So all together you can get over 30% off just about anything at Academy today. People are buying 9mm ammo for less than 17 cents per round. I bought a Weber Grill that pretty much NEVER goes on sale. My brother bought one of those large crawfish pots that has the basket built in. and a "slide" for the cover.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks, just bought 400 rounds of AE .223 for $103.27. Hope it doesn't get cancelled

Did you use the active junky? I did this afternoon and already received an email that I will be getting 125 bucks BACK!!! Then again I bought a 2500 dollar grill. But after coupons it's down to 1920, and after active junky, it'll be net 1795.

You don't get those kinda discounts on Weber Summit series anywhere.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I dont see a place to enter the code

When you go to check out, there's a little "+" sign to add coupon codes

I just checked, click "my cart" and it'll be under the enter zip code box

Last edited:

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    No, I didn't. I know I could have saved even more. I hear a lot about it on gun.deals. Let me know if it's worth the hassle in the long run

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    No, I didn't. I know I could have saved even more. I hear a lot about it on gun.deals. Let me know if it's worth the hassle in the long run

I'm thinking you may have been one of the last ones to get in on the deal, or maybe it's one time use. B/c I just tried typing in the code and it says "enter valid code". darn, it was good while it lasted. And most of the weber grills say out of stock.

I ordered one using the 20% off code on Friday, and they wouldn't price match me today, So I ordered another today using the 20% and 10% Plus active junky, and told them, if they don't cancel Friday's order, I'll just refuse shipment, and get the refund that way. They said that's fine.

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What would have made it even slicker is if you have the Chase Freedom card and pay through paypal, ANOTHER 5% back.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So apparently the code was posted by academy, and should last till 4/30. They probably inactivated the code a few minutes ago, b/c they were losing their tails having it stack with the friends and family promotion. So check back tomorrow and at least get 20% off. Plus active junky, plus credit card points. I know AMEX can give you 5%.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I follow mrgunsngear on FaceSpace and he's been posting these things daily. I got 500rds of some 5.56 and 9mm and .38 for our handguns for way too cheap haha

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The 20% code works again, guess they put a stop to get yesterday Bc they didn’t realize it would stack with the 10%. Either way, with 20% plus 5% from active junky and 1-5% on your credit card. Some savings are to be had

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My brother was able to get a manager to override the sale so he can use the “coupon” in store to buy one of those fancy crawfish pots. So 20% off a 300-400 dollar pot was pretty good.

xACECmH

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They cancelled my order from Sunday giving me BS about it not being in stock, Well it shows in stock currently. So they gave me a coupon code for 35% off!! that's even better, so I got a 2500 dollar grill for 1700 bucks plus another 125 from active junky. So yea, I made out like a bandit so long as this transaction goes through.

Last edited:

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    my 400 rounds of AE .223 delivered today for $103 with tax and free shipping (.25-.26 cents per round of brass case)

Thanks again noob

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom