Haul junk in Kenner?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    So, I have a large sofa and a queen size mattress that I need hauled off from my house. I realize I can take it to the dump myself and pay only $14, but my schedule makes that a little difficult. I called a few local places and they all want between $120 and $180 bucks for a job that would take literally five minutes. I find those prices a bit outrageous. The sofa is not in good enough shape to donate to any of the Veterans Foundations, or Habitat for Humanity, Bridge House, or any of those types of places, and for obvious reasons none of them take used mattresses as donation. Any suggestions or ideas from the BS community would be greatly appreciated. And lastly, anyone need a free sofa?! haha

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I believe on Thursday is large item pick up, Just put it out for the trash. I've see other large items such as what you list above being picked up.

Also there is a dump off spot on David Dr. across the street from Mano Po Boy's that is open on weekends. I believe you just have to be a Jefferson Parish resident to dump. Don't know if it cost any thing.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I believe on Thursday is large item pick up, Just put it out for the trash. I've see other large items such as what you list above being picked up.

Also there is a dump off spot on David Dr. across the street from Mano Po Boy's that is open on weekends. I believe you just have to be a Jefferson Parish resident to dump. Don't know if it cost any thing.

Cost me $14. Which I'm fine with, but I don't know when I'd be able to get there. I'll probably just put it out with the trash and see if they take it on Thursday. Fingers crossed!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Just put it by the road, you will be surprised how fast someone picks it up

You're probably right. I have seen other items that I've put out vanish within the hour. But this sofa is not in very good condition. I'll give it a shot though!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    There is a # you call for large items and trees. That is if they do not grab it Thursday.
    Or place it at the end of your drive with a handwritten sign that says $100 bucks and watch it run away

ceasar213

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2018
    AZ
    So, I have a large sofa and a queen size mattress that I need hauled off from my house. I realize I can take it to the dump myself and pay only $14, but my schedule makes that a little difficult. I called a few local places and they all want between $120 and $180 bucks for a job that would take literally five minutes. I find those prices a bit outrageous. The sofa is not in good enough shape to donate to any of the Veterans Foundations, or Habitat for Humanity, Bridge House, or any of those types of places, and for obvious reasons none of them take used mattresses as donation. Any suggestions or ideas from the BS community would be greatly appreciated. And lastly, anyone need a free sofa?! haha
    Call city sanitation, ask for a bulk pick up it's free, I did it for 9 yrs. All city's should have a public works department.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Thanks, y'all. After a few days of extremely frustrating phone calls and arguments with the neighborhood association where I live, I decided to go a different route. Took a crowbar and my Ka-Bar machete, had some serious fun and stress relief, and then put all the pieces and trash in the truck and brought them to the dumpster at work. Good times. That was one big ass, solidly built sofa! No wonder it costs me $1200 when I bought it.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So ya looked like Jack Nicholson in the shining
    latest

Top Bottom