Anyone know about 2 Vet Arms AR's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I've been speaking with a friend about trading for a 2VA side charging AR15 with a stainless barrel. I haven't handled the thing yet but it is unfired. I know nothing about the quality of the rifles but it would be traded for about $1500 of race car stuff, so looking to get something of similar value. A quick Google says they've gone out of business and that scares me a bit.b He did offer to toss in a nice red dot (think he said Aimpoint) as well.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Personally, I would not in any way trade $1500 of anything, rubber dog crap included, for a no name AR. Maybe a nice noveski or Daniel defense, but that would be too much then too. For $1500 you can piece together an awesome AR. Gibbz, who makes one of the best side charging uppers available only charges about $250 for a naked upper.
    6 or 700 at best for a no name Frankenstein’s AR.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Their rifles aren't terrible, but were always WAY overpriced for what they were. Plus the fact that they use proprietary parts (side charging handle upper) and have gone out of business...not very reassuring. If anything ever breaks you're screwed. All things considered, I'd value it around $700-800. It's an AR buyers market right now, you could easily build a rifle better than the 2VA for well under a grand.

Pikey244

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2016
    BR
    A friend of mine bought one around a year ago, the first time he took it out to shoot it, he found that the trigger pins backed out after maybe 50 rounds. Not sure if that was just a fluke or a recurring issue with the rifles. I would check to make sure everything has a tight fit before I purchased it lol

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    A friend of mine bought one around a year ago, the first time he took it out to shoot it, he found that the trigger pins backed out after maybe 50 rounds. Not sure if that was just a fluke or a recurring issue with the rifles. I would check to make sure everything has a tight fit before I purchased it lol

Tight fit won't help with trigger and hammer pins backing out.

The trigger pin is retained by the hammer spring legs, so likely the grooves cut in the pin are out of spec.

The hammer pin is retained by a spring leg in the hammer, so either the hammer was assembled wrong or the hammer pin has a groove that is out of spec.

Both pins are identical, so they could just be a bad batch. The person assembling the lower should have caught that, not difficult to check with a pin punch after assembly.

And a 1500 dollar AR better have some special extras coming with it, like a pict rail compatible gold bar.

Top Bottom