B-17 Just Flew Right Over My House

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I live in Ponchatoula, about 50 miles Northwest of New Orleans. I could hear those P&W radials from a couple of miles out, knew it was some type of war-bird. The sound is unmistakable. Flew right over my house headed Southeast. I couldn't make out anything but a red emblem on the nose.

Awesome.

Fredgr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Free state of Livingston
    Boy we're revealing our age when you recognize a B-17 from the ground and I know what your talking about when you say B-17. Must be the summer airshows. About a week ago a P-38,B-25, and a P-51 in formation flew over the house here in Denham Springs headed west. You could still here the roar long after they were out of sight. It was something to see and hear!

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    About 6:15 this evening I was getting out of my car, and heard... radial engines! I looked up and saw a four-engined plane. Yep. B-17. It was cool!

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    About 6:15 this evening I was getting out of my car, and heard... radial engines! I looked up and saw a four-engined plane. Yep. B-17. It was cool!
    And if you looked at the Plexiglas nose you would have seen the s**t-eating grin on my son's face, who flew in the bombardier seat on that flight as his birthday present! He said it was an amazing experience.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I saw multiple Ospreys circling around the LSU UREC last Saturday. They were loud and clearly circling the area.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    We have the Ford Trimotor at our airport in Reserve this weekend giving rides. It arrived today and they start doing rides tomorrow at 2pm and all weekend.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Heard it coming again yesterday, so I got a pic. As you can see, not much open space in my yard, and once again, I didn't get down to the pasture to get a clear view. I am about 7 miles due South of the airport.

89yi79ib0s8z4bo6yl0.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom