300 blackoutupper.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Their main bullet point is that you do not need to use a ffl to get the upper... So take a wild guess who they are marketing towards??? The unwashed masses, thats who. The same people who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground. Yes, those are the people who do not know that the upper on an ar is NOT the serialized, thus restricted, part...

Perhaps they are catering to the 80 percent lower crowd, but the wording on the site does not really indicate that.

Check this wording out:

"Our 7* 300 Blackout Barrels are all manufactured using mil-spec 4150 Chromoly or 416R Stainless Steel, the best stuff the industry has to offer. Each barrel is heat treated to achieve a Mohs hardness rating of RC 28 to 32, providing superior, rock-hard rifling that doesn’t even need chrome lining to last a lifetime. The end result is more accuracy, reliability, longer barrel life,..."

So they are touting unlined 4150 barrels that are heat treated... Industry firsts!!!! I think not.

425 shipped for a 7" upper, lets break that down, my pricing is off the cuff here, so cut me some slack...

forged upper, with bits 60
    yhm knock off quad rail 40
    low pro gas block and pistol tube 25
    charging handle 15
    bcg 60
    barrel XXX?
    a2 fh 5
    assembly 50?
    s/h 25

So 280 w/o the barrel, so the barrel is 145, a little pricey for an unlined barrel, even with "rock hard rifling". On a side note, ever see a bullet hit a rock, the rock usually does not win.

Now the yhm knock off quad rail is a waste of 40 bucks, get a knock off Noveske keymod for 30-40 bucks instead.

My main issue is that I recently bought a 7.5" upper from PSA. Not sure if their barrels have "rock hard" rifling, but I cannot imagine they are much worse. And I paid 399, got a complete lpk, with magpul MOE grip and trigger guard. And I got a pistol buffer tube with buffer and spring. And I got a SB tactical SOB arm brace... So an extra 150 bucks worth of stuff, for 26 dollars less...

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Aero Precision puts out top notch stuff and their upper is in the higher $300 price range for an 8*. You’re better off sticking with the top brands. Hell, I would rather go with a Palmatto upper than go with that company you mentioned.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I looked through their website. They surely prefer to cater to the 80% crowd. I'm all into the 80% stuff myself, having the 5d tactical jig, 80percent arms jig, and the ghost gunner mill/lathe. Most of my AR platform weapons are 80% builds. with that being said, I agree, with all the above comments. There are way more reputable mfg's, retailers, and wholesalers out there. They do state that their products are "Made in the USA". That could be a good thing, but it doesn't say "Made In House". I personally like to support the "small and upcoming" guy, but some more direct/specific info would need to be given. Think, www.bearcreekarsenal.com or hardenedarms.com... They aren't exactly the biggest retailers or mfg's on the market, but they are way better priced, customer service is amazing, and they proudly state that their products are "Made in house", and even give an address of their facility. Based on those facts, I've given both companies I mentioned a shot, and have stuck with them since. I've have 0 issues. Maybe these guys are in fact selling a great product, but they need to give a little more information to the consumer, and maybe come off that price a little bit. Several small profit margins will get you further than fewer large profit margins any day. At least in my opinion.

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Thanks for all of the information. I'll probably stick with PSA, but I was looking at one made by bear creek arsenal also. I just need to decide one barrel length, 8.5 or 10.5.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    ^ liking that... just spent some time on their site. A little bit more expensive than BCA, but they seem legit. I'm in the planning process for 2 uppers right now I'm wanting to build. I think I"ll give these guys a go for some parts and see how I like em....

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Maybe someone could start a thread to post their favorite site to buy ar parts. Also they could post their personal experiences with them good or bad.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Maybe someone could start a thread to post their favorite site to buy ar parts. Also they could post their personal experiences with them good or bad.

Brownells
    MidwayUSA
    Primary Arms
    Rainier Arms
    MSR Arms
    Modern Outfitters
    OPTactical

Top Bottom