Scope adjustments

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    There's a lot to this question, let's start with the scope itself. What is it specifically?
    Not 100% sure but I think it’s a pursuit 4-16x50(not the best I know). Something I picked up from bass pro a while back and it’s just been sitting around. Decided to mount it on a rifle I had, gonna use it to practice fundamentals. Ammo is too expensive to practice on my nicer rifles.

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    Not 100% sure but I think it’s a pursuit 4-16x50(not the best I know). Something I picked up from bass pro a while back and it’s just been sitting around. Decided to mount it on a rifle I had, gonna use it to practice fundamentals. Ammo is too expensive to practice on my nicer rifles.
    It doesn't say if it's a first or second focal plane. The easy way to figure this out is to adjust the magnitude when looking down the scope; if the reticle gets larger it's first focal plane and the lines are true at every setting.

If it's second focal plane then I don't know what to tell you. I couldn't find much information in the product manual about it.

Here is your product manual. https://basspro.scene7.com/is/conte...al_/productmanual_pursuitX1LongRangeScope.pdf

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    It doesn't say if it's a first or second focal plane. The easy way to figure this out is to adjust the magnitude when looking down the scope; if the reticle gets larger it's first focal plane and the lines are true at every setting.

If it's second focal plane then I don't know what to tell you. I couldn't find much information in the product manual about it.

Here is your product manual. https://basspro.scene7.com/is/conte...al_/productmanual_pursuitX1LongRangeScope.pdf

It’s a sfp scope. Wasn’t sure if there was a rule of thumb when it came to magnification. Most my scopes adjust the mos precise at full zoom I guess I’ll just try that with this one and see

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    sight in at 100 yards on any power then adjust 10" and see if poi changes 10" do this at every power setting and see which if any is more accurate . ( I said 100 yards but if you are not shooting 1" or less move target closer. I have a Leopold that is more accurate on 10x and a Vortex that is more accurate on 6 x. For fun shooting your Bass pro shop is fine and it's lifetime warranty with about 5 day turnaround on replacement and for what it's worth I put a cheap true glow 1x6 on my wife's 6.8 AR and it is as clear as my higher end scopes and adj is spot on at all powers .As far as asking someone which power is more repeatable it may not be the same on 2 identical scopes so you have to determine it yourself with your scope .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom