Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

My new 10/22 Gatling Gun Toy

I found one of the old Calico 222 Gatling gun kits for Ruger 10/22 actions in the back of a pile of stuff in my attic a few weeks ago. I had several hundred of these kits 25-30 years ago. This one was missing a few parts that I robbed to assemble others back then. I honestly didn't remember putting the parts away. At any rate, I was able to fab up the parts needed to complete it and put this together over the weekend. While it really has no practical use, it sure is fun to play with. I couldn't find two matching mags for the pictures, but you get the idea. Here are a couple pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	77704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	77703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1042.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	77702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	77701  

Marksman

User Info Menu

now that's a conversation piece!!!! I could imagine setting that thing up in a oak thicket and wait on some squirrels to get moving or some rabbits to be ran out of some briars with that bad boy and some traces!!!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    now that's a conversation piece!!!! I could imagine setting that thing up in a oak thicket and wait on some squirrels to get moving or some rabbits to be ran out of some briars with that bad boy and some traces!!!
    LOL. That would make for a fun time. Each revolution of the crank is 4 shots. Can empty the 25 round mags in a hurry. Good thing it's still relatively cheap ammo.

Marksman

User Info Menu

lol yea its a shame you gotta wait to build a custom 22 till ammo is available again lol

Marksman

User Info Menu

Always wanted to build one of those. Now you got me thinking again. Wonder if those kits are still available?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    Always wanted to build one of those. Now you got me thinking again. Wonder if those kits are still available?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    There is another company making something similar today. A quick Google search should pull them up for ya. They have been on backorder for quite a while. When Calico (Mr. Gasket) quit making these (around 1989-90 or so), a buddy and I bought them all. I had a gun shop in Houma at the time and he was in Jackson MS. We had several hundred kits total. Took us about a year, but all were sold in both completed and kit form except for this one.
    Last edited by jneubig; April 30th, 2018 at 02:13 PM.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Now all you need are 2 gsg 110rd drum mags.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Now all you need are 2 gsg 110rd drum mags.
    I tried several drum style mags back then. They had a tendency to misfeed due to being sideways and the weight. The gsg's weren't out there then. I may grab a couple and play. They sure would look cool in there.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Add a couple of 22 cans and some sub sonic rounds and let the fun begin!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I tried several drum style mags back then. They had a tendency to misfeed due to being sideways and the weight. The gsg's weren't out there then. I may grab a couple and play. They sure would look cool in there.
    CDNN Sports has them on sale usually for $40