Website Builder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Anyone ever build their own website?

I need a website for a small business. No shopping cart is needed at this time but what's needed is a website that I can have photos and videos available. The videos will be short, maybe 5 min, tutorial videos.

Is there anyone you would recommend in the Amite, Denham Springs area. Further out, say Hammond or Baton Rouge, is OK. An internet search shows a lot of them in Baton Rouge but it's unlikely a large business would want to deal with a small operation like mine. It's also gun related and it's doubtful they would do it.

My internet carrier is Centurylink, they are set-up for small businesses to build their own sites but I'm afraid I could get over my head quickly and end up with a poorly done website if I could even finish it.

If possible, I would like to use a local guy to build it and not try to do it myself. It also needs to be someone that's not afraid of a gun related website.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I need a website for a small business. No shopping cart is needed at this time but what's needed is a website that I can have photos and videos available. The videos will be short, maybe 5 min, tutorial videos.

Is there anyone you would recommend in the Amite, Denham Springs area. Further out, say Hammond or Baton Rouge, is OK. An internet search shows a lot of them in Baton Rouge but it's unlikely a large business would want to deal with a small operation like mine. It's also gun related and it's doubtful they would do it.

My internet carrier is Centurylink, they are set-up for small businesses to build their own sites but I'm afraid I could get over my head quickly and end up with a poorly done website if I could even finish it.

If possible, I would like to use a local guy to build it and not try to do it myself. It also needs to be someone that's not afraid of a gun related website.

If you're looking for a simple site and you have some computer skills, you may look at Mobirise (www.mobirise.com). It's a drag and drop editor and builds your pages in blocks. It's got a small learning curve but it's not too bad, especially if you're not looking at a shopping cart yet. The good thing about the blocks is they are dynamic based on the device: computer, tablet, or phone. It's a free program although you can spend some money if you'd like on some add-ons. I have no affiliation with them. I've just used the software for a couple of small sites.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

Simple and easy... most hosting services (godaddy, host gator, etc) offer the installation of Wordpress. Intuitive and user friendly. If you install the "SITEORIGIN" plugins (free), and the "INFLUENCE" theme (also free) which gives you the entry page video option, its an extremely simple setup to get your own site up and running. It also provides a mobile viewing ability out of the box.

Don't fall prey to the anti-Wordpress community... it got a bad rap a decade ago but has since redeemed itself. I've been in the IT field for 25 years... designed too many websites to count. It's the way to go and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have to use a hosting service?
    Is one better than the other?

Not really. I use Dreamhost for some things and GoDaddy for others. I prefer Dreamhost as you can always get someone from the US on the phone right away at any hour of the day.

Top Bottom