Boy Scouts to get new name after 108 years.... Madness.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    It should have been "Scouts" from the beginning.

The Girl Scouts are more laughable than allowing girls in the Boy Scouts. Are the Boy Scouts only recognized for selling cookies? I don't think so.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Just another clue, that this country is going down the shitter. All this liberal acceptance, lets go out of our way to make everyone happy ********, has got to stop. To me, this is the same thing as having a all Camaro car club, and all of a sudden, letting a Mustang guy join.... Just dumb...

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I self identify as Neurosurgeon but no hospital will hire me. Anyone know a liberal lawyer I can call? This is discrimination at its best. They must pay!!

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well lets see how all of this works out? Teenage boys and girls *camping* out in the woods. *Hey what is that?* It’s a scout pack sex badge! How did you get it? I did the whole pack! And how about went camping and got pregnant? Teenage harmones in the woods. :mamoru:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well lets see how all of this works out? Teenage boys and girls *camping* out in the woods. *Hey what is that?* It’s a scout pack sex badge! How did you get it? I did the whole pack! And how about went camping and got pregnant? Teenage harmones in the woods. :mamoru:

Separate troops, from what the article said (separate, but equal?). Not sure how that is any better than completely separate organizations. Is that something like girls can play boy's football, but only on an all-girl team, at different times? I don't quite understand the logic...

We had something called "Explorers" which was some sort of extension of Boy Scouts, when I was a kid. Boys and girls 15 to 18, if I remember correctly. We didn't camp out, but we had weekend retreats. I touched a lotta boobs on those retreats. I woulda killed to have girls in my Boy Scout Troop!:dogkeke:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I really just don't see the big deal here. If this is your barometer for this country going to the shitter, maybe this isn't the country for you....

It's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Membership may start to decline.

There are a few futuristic scifi movies i have seen that showed men and women using the same locker room. Up until now, i was like : that will never happen. Not so sure now.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I really just don't see the big deal here. If this is your barometer for this country going to the shitter, maybe this isn't the country for you....

It's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I agree.

Everyone is getting butt hurt as if it's bad that children learn about the outdoors, because girls will interact with boys.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm well aware of what people are upset about.

I'd love to know how many people complaining were actually in the scouts...

I was in the scouts. Even made Eagle. If done right, this is no huge game changer. As was mentioned before, the concept has been there in the scouts with the Explorer program. Each Explorer Post usually had some sort of theme, a lot of times leaning toward some profession like health care, law enforcement, engineering, etc. All this change is doing is bringing that concept to the Scouts part of the organization without a specific theme.

To those that feel this is an example of the country going south, feel free to change my mind. Feel free to explain how, other than the tradition argument, this is such a bad idea.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I was in the scouts. Even made Eagle. If done right, this is no huge game changer. As was mentioned before, the concept has been there in the scouts with the Explorer program. Each Explorer Post usually had some sort of theme, a lot of times leaning toward some profession like health care, law enforcement, engineering, etc. All this change is doing is bringing that concept to the Scouts part of the organization without a specific theme.

To those that feel this is an example of the country going south, feel free to change my mind. Feel free to explain how, other than the tradition argument, this is such a bad idea.

That's my point.

People are already burning the village down saying that these young kiddos are going to start sleeping with each other. Ignorance is what is wrong with this country.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    For me it is about brotherhood. Just like women need sisterhood.

I have two daughters that I have shown the outdoors. If they were interested in scouts I'd have let them join the Girl Scouts (which do a lot of outdoor activities). I'm not into the all included, everyone gets a participation award no hurt feelings PC culture of today.

thperez1972 making Eagle takes dedication congratulations on your achievement.

"Since the inception of the Eagle Scout award in 1912, 2.01 percent of eligible Scouts have earned Scouting’s highest honor."

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    For me it is about brotherhood. Just like women need sisterhood.

I have two daughters that I have shown the outdoors. If they were interested in scouts I'd have let them join the Girl Scouts (which do a lot of outdoor activities). I'm not into the all included, everyone gets a participation award no hurt feelings PC culture of today.

thperez1972 making Eagle takes dedication congratulations on your achievement.

"Since the inception of the Eagle Scout award in 1912, 2.01 percent of eligible Scouts have earned Scouting’s highest honor."

Want to know how you defeat the no hurt feeling PC culture of today?

Don't be a dick.
    Don't care what other people think.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom