Doing what you are told...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Does not free you from moral responsibility nor does it make your actions moral. All individuals involved (minus the innocent gun owner) in this case (assuming the current info is all that there is to it) are the actual real criminals here, as such, they should be fired, arrested, and prosecuted.

http://www.guns.com/2018/05/01/queens-gun-collector-with-arsenal-of-deadly-weapons-arrested/

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...red-inside-queens-man-s-home--authorities-say

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-hauled-arsenal-rifles-home-article-1.3959690

Great Job! https://twitter.com/NYPD105Pct/status/989932579364261888/photo/1

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Welcome to New York...

If you chose to live in a state with known firearms restrictions and you tried to skirt the law, that's on you. I have no sympathy for the man. That being sad, I think New York gun laws are among the most ridiculous laws in the country, and I'm curious why $13,000 in cash was seized. I'm also curious as to how many of those firearms may have been stolen.

There is apparently more to this story.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Welcome to New York...

If you chose to live in a state with known firearms restrictions and you tried to skirt the law, that's on you. I have no sympathy for the man. That being sad, I think New York gun laws are among the most ridiculous laws in the country, and I'm curious why $13,000 in cash was seized. I'm also curious as to how many of those firearms may have been stolen.

There is apparently more to this story.

If you choose to live in a neighborhood with a high crime rate, I don't feel bad if you are robbed.
    If you choose to live in a house with a wife beater, I don't feel bad if you are beaten.
    If you choose to live in a country with oppressive laws, I don't feel bad if you are oppressed.
    If you choose to live next to a rapist, I don't feel bad if you are raped.

That is certainly an F'ed up way to think.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    If you choose to live in a neighborhood with a high crime rate, I don't feel bad if you are robbed.
    If you choose to live in a house with a wife beater, I don't feel bad if you are beaten.
    If you choose to live in a country with oppressive laws, I don't feel bad if you are oppressed.

That's why it's your job to make your own good choices. This guy obviously made some bad choices.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

Not the best comparison... everyone who lives in a state with strict gun control in place knows the penalty for illegally possessing such firearms. The same as breaking any law...

These would be more along the same lines. Your examples are a little opposite... Maybe say something like...

If you choose to commit crimes, I don't feel bad if you spend time in jail.
    If you choose to beat your wife, I don't feel bad if you're arrested.
    If you choose to oppress your people, I don't feel bad if you're overthrown.
    If you choose to rape someone, I don't feel bad if you're put to death.

Maybe this...

If you choose to go 50mph in a 35mph zone, I don't feel bad if you get a ticket.
    If you choose to walk out of the store without paying, I don't feel bad if you get arrested.

This guy broke the law... and he has to pay the price. That's all there is to it. I completely understand that New York, California, etc. have some screwed up laws when it comes to the constitution... but, people still choose to live there.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. If those actions are in conflict with the law of the land... then that's on you. Period.

How about this last one...

If you choose to live in an unconstitutional city/state... ELECT NEW OFFICIALS! CHANGE THE LAW!

Last edited:

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    If you choose to beat your wife, I don't feel bad if you're arrested.

I'd agree we should not feel bad if it was the police involved in that raid getting arrested. BUT, in this example the gun collector is the wife getting beaten. It's as if he got his eye blacked, and you guys say, "well that's your fault for not having dinner ready on time. You knew what the consequences would be. i don't feel bad for you" The abuser should be arrested!

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I'd agree we should not feel bad if it was the police involved in that raid getting arrested. BUT, in this example the gun collector is the wife getting beaten. It's as if he got his eye blacked, and you guys say, "well that's your fault for not having dinner ready on time. You knew what the consequences would be. i don't feel bad for you" The abuser should be arrested!

So it's okay that he was knowingly breaking the law?

I'm not even debating firearms laws here, just asking a general question on how you feel about someone breaking the law.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

WHAT??? The gun "Collector" is the one wronged????? the "Collector" broke the law! Not federal, but state. The "Collector" IS THE CRIMINAL! Regardless of if you think he/she SHOULD BE... THAT IS THE FACT!

This is exactly part of the problem today. Just like I said at the end of my post... if you don't like the laws the state put in place... CHANGE THEM! Until then... CRIMINAL! (At least in New York)... here's another one...

You broke the law in your state... so you go to jail. I don't care because my state doesn't have those same laws! Yay me!

Should all laws be the same across the board? Eh... maybe... but do you really want the Federal Government dictating states laws? Or lets complicate it even further and say "Oh, so ONLY these laws apply"... come on genius.

And the police involved are doing their job... ELECT NEW OFFICIALS to CHANGE THE LAW! Very simple... for the simple (one track) minded.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I see a few air rifles in that pic. Just saying.
    I reckon if you break the law in your home, the cops can take whatever they want. Including cash, whether or not it’s related to the crime. He broke the law so he has no rights, right? Is that what I’m reading?
    I’m just wondering what would happen here in Louisiana if the powers that be made it illegal to own a firearm or ammo or banana or strawberry clips. I wonder if any lifelong resident firearms collectors would just say eff that and keep their apple clips and all right where it is. I’m not updated on New York gun laws or how long they’ve been in effect, just speculating.
    What’s scary sad about things like this is, when laws are passed that turn us all into criminals overnight there will be no hope for any of us if we are so ready to condemn the ones going through it now.
    Also I noticed the article follows the same witch hunt trend that the gun grabbers are known for. All the same old words and phrases that seek to demonize all gun owners.
    Lethal arsenal thousands of rounds of assault weapon voodoo murder eat your children monster mayhem...
    I’m amazed at how many actual gun owners are sucked right into the hypnotic circle of nonsense and fall in line. Wonder how they’ll respond when it hits home.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I see a few air rifles in that pic. Just saying.
    I reckon if you break the law in your home, the cops can take whatever they want. Including cash, whether or not it’s related to the crime. He broke the law so he has no rights, right? Is that what I’m reading?
    I’m just wondering what would happen here in Louisiana if the powers that be made it illegal to own a firearm or ammo or banana or strawberry clips. I wonder if any lifelong resident firearms collectors would just say eff that and keep their apple clips and all right where it is. I’m not updated on New York gun laws or how long they’ve been in effect, just speculating.
    What’s scary sad about things like this is, when laws are passed that turn us all into criminals overnight there will be no hope for any of us if we are so ready to condemn the ones going through it now.
    Also I noticed the article follows the same witch hunt trend that the gun grabbers are known for. All the same old words and phrases that seek to demonize all gun owners.
    Lethal arsenal thousands of rounds of assault weapon voodoo murder eat your children monster mayhem...
    I’m amazed at how many actual gun owners are sucked right into the hypnotic circle of nonsense and fall in line. Wonder how they’ll respond when it hits home.

Don't break the law :dunno:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    It was the deadly *banana ammo clip* that put him over the edge.

I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable regarding firearms. I'm trying to recollect a banana magazine that holds .25 caliber ammunition. I could use one for my Raven.

I'm not even debating firearms laws here, just asking a general question on how you feel about someone breaking the law.

Sometimes breaking the law is the right thing to do. Should Rosa Parks given up her bus seat? Should the colonist have paid the unfair taxes of the crown?

It's sometimes referred to as 'civil disobedience'. Other times it can be not as civil.

I wish it were more popular.

Last edited:

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    As was said a couple of posts back, "The State" isn't always in the right. And as for the $13,000...that was most likely Civil Asset Forfeiture. Don't get me started on that...

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    looks like dude didn t buy a "permit" on each of the long guns. The DA is a quack, writing "enormous"&"extreme" in an indictment to incite people. Possession of handgun ammo is not unlawful unless you re a felon generally speaking. Guarantee, if he'd been a felon, ole Quack woulda led w/ that! Guy's $13K seems to be a bad crime too; bet the DA don t have $13K on him. Spent it all buyin' a law degree online. The judge lady who wrote the warrant needs a disbarment;who the hell knew the stuff was in there to start this ball rollin'?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

IMO, if the law violates my natural rights, then yes.

WHAT??? The gun "Collector" is the one wronged????? the "Collector" broke the law! Not federal, but state. The "Collector" IS THE CRIMINAL! Regardless of if you think he/she SHOULD BE... THAT IS THE FACT!

American Slaves were THE CRIMINALS as well. They broke the law!!!... THAT IS A FACT! Hell, the Founders of our Country were Criminals!!!! Yet we see now how utterly ignorant and irrational that sounds. CLEARLY, the slave had HIS rights infringed on...and CLEARLY the gun collector had HIS rights infringed on as well.

This is exactly part of the problem today. Just like I said at the end of my post... if you don't like the laws the state put in place... CHANGE THEM! Until then... CRIMINAL! (At least in New York)... here's another one...You broke the law in your state... so you go to jail. I don't care because my state doesn't have those same laws! Yay me!

No, morality trumps muh laws. And the idea that we shouldn’t have empathy/sympathy for others who are wronged by the State is rather pitiful. I’d say the REAL problem today is we have too many storm troopers/order followers who don’t consider the actual morality of the situation...all they care about is collecting their check and following muh laws, not whether or not the law itself is immoral.

Should all laws be the same across the board? Eh... maybe... but do you really want the Federal Government dictating states laws? Or lets complicate it even further and say "Oh, so ONLY these laws apply"... come on genius.

I’m saying it’s okay to break immoral, rights infringing laws, and anyone who disagrees is supporting the only character acting immoral in this situation…The State.

And the police involved are doing their job... ELECT NEW OFFICIALS to CHANGE THE LAW! Very simple... for the simple (one track) minded.

The slave police were just doing their jobs…the Nazis were just doing their jobs…etc etc etc etc etc...we've seen the same thing play out throughout history. That LITERALLY has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything..."doing your job" does not in any way shield you from moral responsibility. Have you ever watched a Star Wars movie? Do you find yourself on the side of The Empire? Sympathizing with the Storm Troopers who are just doing their jobs? LULZ. Lastly, the idea that we have to just go along with Rights Infringing Laws until we can change them sounds like a slave mentality.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

exactly!

Sometimes breaking the law is the right thing to do. Should Rosa Parks given up her bus seat? Should the colonist have paid the unfair taxes of the crown?

I wish it were more popular.

me too

As was said a couple of posts back, "The State" isn't always in the right. And as for the $13,000...that was most likely Civil Asset Forfeiture. Don't get me started on that...

100%

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    IMO, if the law violates my natural rights, then yes.

American Slaves were THE CRIMINALS as well. They broke the law!!!... THAT IS A FACT! Hell, the Founders of our Country were Criminals!!!! Yet we see now how utterly ignorant and irrational that sounds. CLEARLY, the slave had HIS rights infringed on...and CLEARLY the gun collector had HIS rights infringed on as well.

No, morality trumps muh laws. And the idea that we shouldn’t have empathy/sympathy for others who are wronged by the State is rather pitiful. I’d say the REAL problem today is we have too many storm troopers/order followers who don’t consider the actual morality of the situation...all they care about is collecting their check and following muh laws, not whether or not the law itself is immoral.

I’m saying it’s okay to break immoral, rights infringing laws, and anyone who disagrees is supporting the only character acting immoral in this situation…The State.

The slave police were just doing their jobs…the Nazis were just doing their jobs…etc etc etc etc etc...we've seen the same thing play out throughout history. That LITERALLY has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything..."doing your job" does not in any way shield you from moral responsibility. Have you ever watched a Star Wars movie? Do you find yourself on the side of The Empire? Sympathizing with the Storm Troopers who are just doing their jobs? LULZ. Lastly, the idea that we have to just go along with Rights Infringing Laws until we can change them sounds like a slave mentality.

Well my friend... we live in the now... a whole new Century of learning and KNOWLEDGE. Live in you cabin in the woods and pretend it's 1826 all you want. So we're comparing all LEO to Nazi's? Maybe someone's "gun ownership rights" with regards to Mental illness need to be evaluated. Just saying... you may want some meds... unless you're afraid "THE MAN" is going to give you some mind altering brainwash pills to make you conform with his rules.

Today we have the law... we can VOTE people in and out of power... we have a say-so. The very examples you're using DON'T EXIST anymore. (Or maybe I'm just fooling myself?? hahaha).

You enjoy your paranoid life. You may need a few more screws in that soap box before it collapses.

"Natural Rights".... so you don't pay taxes? lol.... A TRUE American! PLEASE tell me you're Native American!! (I'll just leave that for you to think about).

I just don't understand those who think stealing a bottle of water because you're thirsty is not TRULY breaking the law... yeah... it is. You just have to be willing to accept the consequences for your actions. Everyone talks a good game.. but when it comes to actually stealing that bottle... are you REALLY willing to go through with it?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom