Dicks cut off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Springfield Arms will no longer be doing business with Dicks Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory® Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory announces its decision in response to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

https://twitter.com/Springfield_Inc/status/992156658787905543/photo/1

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I debated about this thread title. I almost >.< used SEVERED DICKS.;)

I hope that Springfield is setting a standard that other manufacturers will follow. I'd like to see Remington, Mossburg, Colt, Kimber, ect, all say no more to the Dicks.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Springfield? The people who supported gun control?

No one cares about them.

For those of you wondering what Leadslinger is referring to, I'll try to explain. Breifly. As I'm pretty sure even Ledslinger knows not of which he talks. It is confusing.

A while back, a bit more than a year ago, two manufacturers received a deferment in a licensing requirement in Illinois. The deferment actually went to the Illinois Firearms Manufacture Association, IFMA. Springfield and Rock River Arms were both members of this association, which lobbied for the exemption. The exemption was conditional on the IFMA not opposing the proposed licensing requirements.
    This hit the news during last year's NRA show, when Springfield was releasing the new XD-E.

Springfield, upon finding out about this, severed all ties to IFMA, and released a statement opposing the proposed licensing requirements.

Yet, to this day, some will ignorantly accuse Springfield of opposing the 2nd amendment, without knowing all of the facts.

It's not like Springfield published a letter asking the BATFE to overturn a decision that made a firearm accessory legal, . . ., NRA. Is it now?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Yet, to this day, some will ignorantly accuse Springfield of opposing the 2nd amendment, without knowing all of the facts.

It's not like Springfield published a letter asking the BATFE to overturn a decision that made a firearm accessory legal, . . ., NRA. Is it now?

I know what Dennis Reese did. He's a piece of ****.

It's funny how pissy you got with me about a bump stock, but you sweep this under the rug.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    By the way.

I'm not hiding behind any kind of persona.

My name is Don. DBMJR1 DBMJR was taken when I joined Juno, back in the early days.

B is my middle name. I don't care for it, so I'll not go into it.

M is my last name.

I'm my father's son, a Jr.

You wanna talk to me, my phone number is here, in this forum.

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Springfield Arms will no longer be doing business with Dicks Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory announces its decision in response to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

https://twitter.com/Springfield_Inc/status/992156658787905543/photo/1
    Nice double entendre in the title. Nssf has alSo neutered its dicks connection.

In similar news Hornady has stopped supplying/selling the state agencies of New York with their products. Gov Cumho made passive aggressive threats to insurance firms and banking institution who provide services to the firearms industry in New York. Cumho ordered the NY DFS to put the squeeze on these institutions who maintain business relationship with firearms related organizations in NY, and instead of dealing with the screw job Hornaday pulled out.

Personally, I think this is long overdue. Imo gun companies should only supply the states like Commifornia with Commifornia state legal products: featureless microstamping smart guns, 5 or 10rd magazines and ball ammunition. Hopefully others will follow suit.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom