9mm Ammo - what’s a good deal ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Just gauging everyone’s standard for a good deal when it comes to 9mm Ammo. I’m including steel and reloads. Mine is $160 shipped per 1k. If I can get a case for $160 or under delivered to my doorstep that’s where I usually buy. What’s your fav Ammo search engine also ? Thx

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    SGAMMO 124 HST or Gold Dot for carry, 124 American Eagle, Lawman or NATO for range. I Only purchase Quality ammunition, no steel or reloads.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Range brass
    Free lead
    Primers I bought last decade.
    A healthy stockpile of gunpowder.

If you use the ammo bot, you can find good deals on bulk ammo shipped. If you're not buying bulk, or rolling your own, you're stuck with the occasional sale.

Rolling your own is a hobby into itself. Casting is yet another discipline. All in all, I reload for pennies a round, not counting my labor.

Last edited:

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Currently, I only buy range ammo cheaply - like .18 cents per round but that's for new, brass-cased (no reloads or aluminum)

SGammo is good and Brownells has good deals on a 1k shipped sometimes

dannyb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    eunice,la
    Same here, .18 cents per round, when ordering figure shipping costs as compared to taxes bought locally.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Best prices I have seen lately on brass cased 115 grain has been from $.18 to $.21/round after shipping or taxes. In the days after Sandy Hook, you had to look long and hard to find those prices and when you did find some at that price, it didn't last long. Prices then were ranging form $.25 to $.33/round in the brick and mortar stores. Even more at gun shows.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Range brass
    Free lead
    Primers I bought last decade.
    A healthy stockpile of gunpowder.

If you use the ammo bot, you can find good deals on bulk ammo shipped. If you're not buying bulk, or rolling your own, you're stuck with the occasional sale.

Rolling your own is a hobby into itself. Casting is yet another discipline. All in all, I reload for pennies a round, not counting my labor.

Sooo, Your looking at .06 per round?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Best prices I have seen lately on brass cased 115 grain has been from $.18 to $.21/round after shipping or taxes. In the days after Sandy Hook, you had to look long and hard to find those prices and when you did find some at that price, it didn't last long. Prices then were ranging form $.25 to $.33/round in the brick and mortar stores. Even more at gun shows.

There are a few offerings down to $0.14/rd, but it's nothing I would shoot beyond plinking.

I'm not fond of buying ammo that has hard primers, inconsistent loads, or a tendency to not fire; especially when I'm in a class.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    For range ammo I stay with 124gr Blazer Brass, under $200 per 1000 delivered to me.

For defense ammo I use Hornaday Critical Defense or Critical Duty or Federal HST +P or Telos +P or Liberty Civil Defense +P (when available.)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    For range ammo I stay with 124gr Blazer Brass, under $200 per 1000 delivered to me.

For defense ammo I use Hornaday Critical Defense or Critical Duty or Federal HST +P or Telos +P or Liberty Civil Defense +P (when available.)

I purchased several cases of 124gr Blazer Brass several years back when 124gr American Eagle was not available.
    I had to look at every box and remove the rounds that were shorter than the others.
    I have several cases of range and carry 9mm ammunition on hand and I will not purchase Blazer ammunition again.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I purchased several cases of 124gr Blazer Brass several years back when 124gr American Eagle was not available.
    I had to look at every box and remove the rounds that were shorter than the others.
    I have several cases of range and carry 9mm ammunition on hand and I will not purchase Blazer ammunition again.

When I got My cases of Lawman. I was silly and called the tech line. The guy said what is the cost on Balzer and Lawman.
    It was a buck and a half diff at SGAmmo. He then says no way would he get the Blazer. And that the bullets in the Lawman are plated 4 times longer. And QC is no way near the same. And the Plus was it was perfect traing ammo if you carry Gold Dot as they are loaded the same.
    That they sell lots of Lawman to places that LEO can not have expanding ammo.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A great ammo resource, ammoseek, lists a multitude of sellers in grid form starting with the cheapest, whatever caliber you select and a reference to their shipping charges around the USA. You can go to google.com, and type "ammoseek 9mm", and it will show a listing for 9mm ammo.

Direct link to ammoseek: https://ammoseek.com/

SG Ammo is one of my favs, family owned, quick shipping and pretty reasonable. No sales taxes.

Also grabagun.com has ammo shipping charges capped at $13, one box or 1000. No sales taxes.

Top Bottom