HB495

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your rights should not stop at the building, so no.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

In that case, it would seem you feel you have the right to head down to Tulane and Broad, walk in to Judge Laurie White's court room, and freely exercise your 1st amendment rights.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I’m glad you said you are not anti-cop, I was beginning to wonder after you called them a “gang of narcissist”. . I really wish people who are not fond of LE would just own it instead of saying a bunch of BS and then saying they are not anti-cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lol calling someone a narcissist means I don't like them? In that case don't tell my wife. Not that I have to prove it but, a few years ago I found out I witnessed an off duty cop getting killed on Bourbon.

I called CS to report what I witnessed, described the main perpetrator, and I even offered to testify if they needed me to. I am pretty sure cop haters would not do this.

I may not like the authoritarian tone displayed by what I assume to be leo in this forum, but if I saw a cop cruiser smoking in a ditch Id pull over and offer assistance. Id do, and have done the same for anyone in a similar situation.

You think being pro Constitution makes me anti cop? Why would one swear an oath to defend something they consider an anathema? Is taking the oath just a formality?

I was under the impression leo would be pro America, pro Rights and pro Constitution. Instead it seems pro Fascist anti Constitution.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Lol calling someone a narcissist means I don't like them? In that case don't tell my wife. Not that I have to prove it but, a few years ago I found out I witnessed an off duty cop getting killed on Bourbon.

I called CS to report what I witnessed, described the main perpetrator, and I even offered to testify if they needed me to. I am pretty sure cop haters would not do this.

I may not like the authoritarian tone displayed by what I assume to be leo in this forum, but if I saw a cop cruiser smoking in a ditch Id pull over and offer assistance. Id do, and have done the same for anyone in a similar situation.

You think being pro Constitution makes me anti cop? Why would one swear an oath to defend something they consider an anathema? Is taking the oath just a formality?

I was under the impression leo would be pro America, pro Rights and pro Constitution. Instead it seems pro Fascist anti Constitution.

Was being Pro America, Pro Rights, and Pro Constitution how you got convicted?

I'm just trying to understand why you don't like my idea about requiring folks to shoot yearly quals for a CHP.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Sounds so butthurt of you. You don't like what I have to say, because of what? It offends you? It doesn't agree with your mentality that the 2nd amendment is your God given right to conceal a machine gun? Yea... I suppose you don't pay taxes either.

Do you have a CHP?
    So you support a few reasonable restrictions on the 2nd Amendment?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

I oppose all gun laws. However, since we have gun laws that are not going anywhere anytime soon, I don't mind giving my opinion on said laws. If Louisiana was a constitutional carry state, I'm sure you would love it, since you don't have a CHP. If it did become a constitutional carry state, I wouldn't care, because most fudds with a CHP don't carry anyway. I know of morons that got a CHP to keep a gun in there vehicle (which we know is unnecessary).

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Was being Pro America, Pro Rights, and Pro Constitution how you got convicted?

I'm just trying to understand why you don't like my idea about requiring folks to shoot yearly quals for a CHP.
    Lmao, what bearing does this have on the conversation?

If it is a right there are no prerequisites. If it is mandatory then it is a gun law that you already stated that you oppose.

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I oppose all gun laws. However, since we have gun laws that are not going anywhere anytime soon, I don't mind giving my opinion on said laws. If Louisiana was a constitutional carry state, I'm sure you would love it, since you don't have a CHP. If it did become a constitutional carry state, I wouldn't care, because most fudds with a CHP don't carry anyway. I know of morons that got a CHP to keep a gun in there vehicle (which we know is unnecessary).
    How would you know what I do or don't have? If you are going through my old forum posts go through all of them. Cyber stalk like you are serious.

Seems like even you don't know what you support. Right on cue you turn to Wayne Lapierre after hearing a Leftist talking point! After you just belittled me for thinking the 2a "protects the god given right to carry a G18" (paraphrase). Hypocrisy much?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I don’t have a problem with people who are not responsible enough to stay out of trouble being restricted from carrying a gun. Carrying a firearm is a great responsibility and if you are not responsible enough to not do dumb things then I don’t feel sorry for you.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

You are correct, you have not nor do you have to prove anything to me. I will base my opinion on the totality of your comments.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    You are correct, you have not nor do you have to prove anything to me. I will base my opinion on the totality of your comments.

Free country and all, but thanks for you and respectful insights.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Lmao, what bearing does this have on the conversation?

If it is a right there are no prerequisites. If it is mandatory then it is a gun law that you already stated that you oppose.

It's a right. You are free to carry a firearm. There are repercussions, and it seems you are familiar with them. Your inability to comprehend things that don't agree 100% with what you believe is amusing.

How would you know what I do or don't have? If you are going through my old forum posts go through all of them. Cyber stalk like you are serious.

Seems like even you don't know what you support. Right on cue you turn to Wayne Lapierre after hearing a Leftist talking point! After you just belittled me for thinking the 2a "protects the god given right to carry a G18" (paraphrase). Hypocrisy much?

I asked if you have a CHP and you never answered. Then I checked your old posts and you indicated that you don't, due to a prior conviction.

Wayne LaPierre is a turd, and the NRA is a joke.

I know what I support. You don't agree with it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Do you believe your rights should be 100% unrestricted? Based on the 1st amendment, should you have the right to walk into any courtroom down at Tulane and Broad and speak freely?

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    It's a right. You are free to carry a firearm. There are repercussions, and it seems you are familiar with them. Your inability to comprehend things that don't agree 100% with what you believe is amusing.

I asked if you have a CHP and you never answered. Then I checked your old posts and you indicated that you don't, due to a prior conviction.

Wayne LaPierre is a turd, and the NRA is a joke.

I know what I support. You don't agree with it.

You only checked the thread you thought would fit your narrative. There's an entire thread dedicated to ccw and carry.

In the end we can agree on Wayne Lapierre. Enjoy your day with your mom and wife tomorrow man. Stay safe.... from the "cop hater".

Last edited:

met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    Even if retired law enforcment has to qualify yearly. So what. They still do not have any more authority than you or me. So whats the purpose of having more retired officers carrying. They have no duty to respond or protect general public. But ,they do have the ability to protect themselves where ever they go. Something you and I do not have. Being a retired officer does not exempt you from civil suits if you use your firearm in questionable circumstances.

FranktheTank

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Cecilia LA
    Carry rights for domestic violence victims and carry rights for retired LEO and mutually exclusive. Having a "too bad, it comes with the territory" attitude shows your dislike for the police. And that's fine. But presenting an emotional argument while standing there stomping your feet like a 12 year old and yelling "it's not fair" won't help prove your point. But I think you'd have trouble selling your point anyway. Rather than getting everyone up to the same level, you'd rather keep everyone down at the same level. Nobody can move up unless everyone does because that's the fair way. But like I explain to my 12 year old, someone else getting something doesn't mean she has to have the same thing. If their getting something isn't taking something away from her, it's not unfair. She should be happy they got what they got instead of whining they shouldn't have gotten it just because she didn't get it too.
    Well said!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom