Join BayouShooter For Free
Venture

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567 LastLast

Thread: HB495

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nolaboy View Post
    So you support a few reasonable restrictions on the 2nd Amendment?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I don’t have a problem with people who are not responsible enough to stay out of trouble being restricted from carrying a gun. Carrying a firearm is a great responsibility and if you are not responsible enough to not do dumb things then I don’t feel sorry for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lol calling someone a narcissist means I don't like them? In that case don't tell my wife. Not that I have to prove it but, a few years ago I found out I witnessed an off duty cop getting killed on Bourbon.

I called CS to report what I witnessed, described the main perpetrator, and I even offered to testify if they needed me to. I am pretty sure cop haters would not do this.

I may not like the authoritarian tone displayed by what I assume to be leo in this forum, but if I saw a cop cruiser smoking in a ditch Id pull over and offer assistance. Id do, and have done the same for anyone in a similar situation.

You think being pro Constitution makes me anti cop? Why would one swear an oath to defend something they consider an anathema? Is taking the oath just a formality?

I was under the impression leo would be pro America, pro Rights and pro Constitution. Instead it seems pro Fascist anti Constitution.

You are correct, you have not nor do you have to prove anything to me. I will base my opinion on the totality of your comments.

Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    You are correct, you have not nor do you have to prove anything to me. I will base my opinion on the totality of your comments.

Free country and all, but thanks for you and respectful insights.

Last edited by nolaboy; May 12th, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coance View Post
    This thread is a fine example of why I rarely comment here anymore. Thanks to everyone for reassuring me of why.
    Lol, I know bro I couldn't resist.

Banned

User Info Menu

Lmao, what bearing does this have on the conversation?

If it is a right there are no prerequisites. If it is mandatory then it is a gun law that you already stated that you oppose.
    It's a right. You are free to carry a firearm. There are repercussions, and it seems you are familiar with them. Your inability to comprehend things that don't agree 100% with what you believe is amusing.

How would you know what I do or don't have? If you are going through my old forum posts go through all of them. Cyber stalk like you are serious.

Seems like even you don't know what you support. Right on cue you turn to Wayne Lapierre after hearing a Leftist talking point! After you just belittled me for thinking the 2a "protects the god given right to carry a G18" (paraphrase). Hypocrisy much?
    I asked if you have a CHP and you never answered. Then I checked your old posts and you indicated that you don't, due to a prior conviction.

Wayne LaPierre is a turd, and the NRA is a joke.

I know what I support. You don't agree with it.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So you support a few reasonable restrictions on the 2nd Amendment?

Do you believe your rights should be 100% unrestricted? Based on the 1st amendment, should you have the right to walk into any courtroom down at Tulane and Broad and speak freely?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Do you believe your rights should be 100% unrestricted? Based on the 1st amendment, should you have the right to walk into any courtroom down at Tulane and Broad and speak freely?
    In the event it doesn't Infringe on the rights of others to receive a fair trial

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leadslinger972 View Post
    It's a right. You are free to carry a firearm. There are repercussions, and it seems you are familiar with them. Your inability to comprehend things that don't agree 100% with what you believe is amusing.

I asked if you have a CHP and you never answered. Then I checked your old posts and you indicated that you don't, due to a prior conviction.

Wayne LaPierre is a turd, and the NRA is a joke.

I know what I support. You don't agree with it.
    You only checked the thread you thought would fit your narrative. There's an entire thread dedicated to ccw and carry.

In the end we can agree on Wayne Lapierre. Enjoy your day with your mom and wife tomorrow man. Stay safe.... from the "cop hater".

Last edited by nolaboy; May 12th, 2018 at 07:13 PM.

Former Yankee

User Info Menu

Even if retired law enforcment has to qualify yearly. So what. They still do not have any more authority than you or me. So whats the purpose of having more retired officers carrying. They have no duty to respond or protect general public. But ,they do have the ability to protect themselves where ever they go. Something you and I do not have. Being a retired officer does not exempt you from civil suits if you use your firearm in questionable circumstances.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Carry rights for domestic violence victims and carry rights for retired LEO and mutually exclusive. Having a "too bad, it comes with the territory" attitude shows your dislike for the police. And that's fine. But presenting an emotional argument while standing there stomping your feet like a 12 year old and yelling "it's not fair" won't help prove your point. But I think you'd have trouble selling your point anyway. Rather than getting everyone up to the same level, you'd rather keep everyone down at the same level. Nobody can move up unless everyone does because that's the fair way. But like I explain to my 12 year old, someone else getting something doesn't mean she has to have the same thing. If their getting something isn't taking something away from her, it's not unfair. She should be happy they got what they got instead of whining they shouldn't have gotten it just because she didn't get it too.
    Well said!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk