Mossberg Shockwave Owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    I wouldn't want to shoot skeet with it for a day but it's nothing to do a mag dump a few times just playing around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    what was the orignal barrel length on your PGO Mossberg 500? Assuming it was over 18" and made/created classified as a shotgun?

It is/was a pgo, never sold with a stock or classed as a shotgun. So a "weapon". Made sure it was good to go before I did anything, and put the grip on the action before I did any barrel work.

Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    That's a slick build Ben! How's the recoil with that Tailhook? It looks great but it's no Limbsaver, lol.
    Haha this is true, you do 2 or 3 mag dumps and you will fill it shortly after and more the next day. It's a kick in the pants to shoot though.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Haha this is true, you do 2 or 3 mag dumps and you will fill it shortly after and more the next day. It's a kick in the pants to shoot though.

I swapped the tailhook on mine out for the SB SOB... A little softer... Still feel like shooting a 12 gauge!

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    I wonder if you could legally replace the buffer tube on the SB tactical sba3 brace with one of these to help reduce recoil for shotshell application.

https://www.nokick.com/KynShot_Hydraulic_Shotgun_Buffer_p/kyn-rb5100.htm
    Seems like that could easily be considered modifying the brace to improve its ability to be a stock... It's all such a grey area of interpretation now but IMHO it's a risky proposition.
    The fact that SBA3 literally uses an actual stock tube is kind of crazy in itself as in the past braces have been denied by the ATF for that very reason, so who knows what the heck anymore?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Seems like that could easily be considered modifying the brace to improve its ability to be a stock... It's all such a grey area of interpretation now but IMHO it's a risky proposition.
    The fact that SBA3 literally uses an actual stock tube is kind of crazy in itself as in the past braces have been denied by the ATF for that very reason, so who knows what the heck anymore?

I bet that ATF has had their fill of approving brace designs at this point. Once they see that bifurcated ass end of the prototype they break out the big rubber "approved" stamp and go on about their day. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom