Is it just me?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    Does anyone else hate the new setup. It's taking 3x long to check the classified. Nothing shows what category it's posted under and the search still sucks. It went from simply checking the post today & going to long gun or pistol classified to going through the whole forum to see posts...

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    The mobile layout has changed from what I'm seeing. I haven't checked on my laptop though. Not a big fan of it, I just changed the settings to "desktop view" and I'm back in business.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I saw where the site was moving to a more responsive mobile layout. I had to load mobile safari to see it. Mobile Chrome shows the desktop version for me. For me, I see a menu button on the top right of the page. I can click it and go to new posts to see the new posts. I can click it, choose forums, then scroll down to the marketplace section to see the classifieds.

Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    Thanks lol I thought that was going to be the new sight. It's horrible I'm open to change but it seems to be more work to find basic info that's all over on the desktop view

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The mobile layout has changed from what I'm seeing. I haven't checked on my laptop though. Not a big fan of it, I just changed the settings to "desktop view" and I'm back in business.

Oh I never use the mobile so that’s why I didn’t see the change.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can you take a screenshot? Or at least describe what's wrong with it? I pulled up a mobile site on Safari on my iPhone and it was easier to use on my phone than the desktop version.

Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    It's never came up until today. I have a Samsung galaxy while on the internet on the top right where my internet option are one says use desktop settings. Every thing I search now shows up like I'm on a desktop but you can change it back and forth if needed.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've never used the mobile version and I didn't implement the new changes...so can someone explain what exactly the problem is? Have you tried Tapatalk?

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    The designer has been working all week behind the scenes on this. It was either this or 100% change software. However, folks can stil change back. I hate change as well, but this was 100% necessary for many reasons.

There are many great members here, most people love responsive sites, it is common. However, they are many people that like larger fonts, use only their phone and so on. So trust me this was not done to get under anyone's skin, it was needed. I have actually held out on it for some time. If anyone has any feedback other than hate or see any issues please PM me, I will be testing it as much as I can here.

Thanks!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The designer has been working all week behind the scenes on this. It was either this or 100% change software. However, folks can stil change back. I hate change as well, but this was 100% necessary for many reasons.

There are many great members here, most people love responsive sites, it is common. However, they are many people that like larger fonts, use only their phone and so on. So trust me this was not done to get under anyone's skin, it was needed. I have actually held out on it for some time. If anyone has any feedback other than hate or see any issues please PM me, I will be testing it as much as I can here.

Thanks!

What exactly is the difference? Is it just on mobile, or desktop too?

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    The site design is the same. It will shrink down and adjust to smaller screens so mobile. There may be some slight changes to the regular design to make the responsive work. And not everyone was defaulted to the new as of yet. However folks can use the older designs.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The mobile version is horrible. I have seen such changes kill other forums. Such drastic changes after being a certain way for so many years will run many off.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The mobile version is horrible. I have seen such changes kill other forums. Such drastic changes after being a certain way for so many years will run many off.

Many might be run off, but here's to hoping that we get more traffic than we lose from search results as search engines mark the site "mobile-friendly". To be fair, I've criticized changes prior, but making this site mobile-friendly is NOT a bad change no matter how old-people-unfriendly it might be for a little bit.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Many might be run off, but here's to hoping that we get more traffic than we lose from search results as search engines mark the site "mobile-friendly". To be fair, I've criticized changes prior, but making this site mobile-friendly is NOT a bad change no matter how old-people-unfriendly it might be for a little bit.

Well, I do agree that more traffic may be nice if it happens. I use BS on my phone as well as my home and office comps. The changes on the phone will just take people some time to get too but its a big difference than before so it will turn those off many who just use it on a mobile device. Change is not always easy but it def. is a must at times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom