Shooters Discount

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    The law is pretty cut and dry. Except when it's not, as evidenced by Cajunlawer's contradictory interpretations. His first interpretation was that the state only needed to prove posting and carrying, which is actus reus, the opposite of mens rea. He then interpreted intention as being an element of the crime, stating the state had to prove mens rea rather than actus reus.

*Mens rea means guilty mind, or knowing you are committing a crime. Actus reus means guilty actions, or committing a crime with or without knowing it. An example of actus reus would be LA R.S. 14:80 Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile. The law states "lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense."
    I have to admire your persistence.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barry J View Post
    I have to admire your persistence.
    I take it you disagree with Cajunlawyer and his 35 years of experience.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charlie12 View Post
    Seems like Waffle House had a sign that was inside
    The one in Central has it on the outside door .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I take it you disagree with Cajunlawyer and his 35 years of experience.
    Neither agree or disagree. Don't care what he says. I do what I think I need to do. If I need legal advice, I won't take it from someone on the internet. Neither will I argue a point with someone that seems to have a lot more experience in law than me.

Shoot First

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVTFreak View Post
    This. Always blows my mind how people who are so picky about their right to be armed look for ways to violate someoneís right to not have weapons on their property. Just find somewhere else to do business.

I always love these discussions. People looking for a definitive answer when there really wouldnít be one until tried in court. Want the answer? Go get yourself in trouble and bring it to court and see what the outcome is. Help Cajunlawyer put another one through college.

The law is pretty cut and dry. Not much to interpret there.
    It's not cut and dry if the only answer would be understood after a court case...

Either way, I do agree. I respect a property owners right to dislike guns. I shop elsewhere. The only time I'd be concerned is the first time I walked into a whole foods. I didn't see a sign, because it was obscured behind another sign when I was walking into the store.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Anyone else notice that the law specifically refers to CONCEALED weapons with/or a CHP? However, from a conversation with New Orleans lawyer, Owen Courreges on the "Parades" issue:

Speedy: I realize I'm picking nits but law/lawyers, that's what ya do, right? "N. No concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issuedpursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun *IN* any of the following: (9) A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity."

What constitutes being *IN* a parade Owen?

Owen Courreges: Hmmm... You have something there. The most natural reading of being "in" a parade is actually participating, not merely attending. That said, I suspect a judge would throw the rule of lenity out the window if the issue actually came in front of them and find the accused guilty.

Just look at how the courts have handled the new gun rights amendment. I think it pretty clearly guaranteed constitutional carry by omitting language that allowed restrictions on concealment and also adding language subjecting all gun restrictions to strict scrutiny, but thus far the courts have basically ignored those facts and argued that everyone simply intended to preserve all existing gun laws (a preposterous notion not supported by the text). Judges don't like radical outcomes.

So while you're correct legally, I doubt it would pan out that way in practice. Basically, the one major decision on the issue decided that the people of Louisiana basically superimposed "new" before "restriction," so that all traditional restrictions were basically grandfathered in. They essentially just amended the text arbitrarily. It's a very frustrating decision.
    Last edited by herohog; May 16th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Whatís if itís on your receipt below where u sign the CC ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    What’s if it’s on your receipt below where u sign the CC ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take yer paid items and exit the building. No issues. You were not advised until after the fact and you exited once notified.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well, my legal experience only goes back to 1999, but... Wait, I was the defendant.

It would be nice to have a standard, like a speed limit sign, so we would know who does not allow and who does not care. I have no desire to carry in a place that does not allow it, and certainly don't want to get into legal problems if I don't see a sign at the door that is blocked. I would love a nice noticeable sign that does not allow guns, then I can shop elsewhere.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

This has to be one of the most controversial topics ever . Yes , it would be nice if the law was more specific or there was a test case to clarify what is existing . Until then , I'm going to carry wherever I want to and not push the issue . Concealed means concealed to me and unless all hell breaks loose , nobody will have a clue I'm packing . And please don't lecture me on my choices , I'm way too old to put up with that .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .