Windows Printer Buffer Software - Does It Exist?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When I'm in the office, I rely on a network printer. Everyone else in the office relies on the network printer as well. If I need to print several things over the course of some time, I send them all to the printer. They print when they are sent along with everything everyone else prints. Does anyone know if there exists some software, preferably free or open source, that would pause my print jobs on my laptop before they are sent to the printer? I would like to be able to print multiple things and hold them until I am ready to walk down to the printer. This would allow all of my print jobs to be merged into one and all my reports/forms/etc. would print together. I cannot just pause the printer as that would pause everyone else's print jobs. I have CutePDF installed (a great program and free for personal/commercial use) so I could print them all to individual pdfs and either print them all when I am done or combine them into one pdf and print it but that adds quite a few extra steps. Does anyone know of anything that could work here? I'm sure I'm not the first one to print 5-6 things and have only 4-5 things on the printer waiting for me, causing me to have to reprint the missing print job only to have someone return the missing print job 15 minutes after I reprinted it.

obryap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Paulina, LA
    What model printer are you using? Our Xerox office printer has a "Secure Print" option where you put in a passcode when you print, then it holds it in the printer que until you walk to the printer, select your print job, and enter your passcode.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What model printer are you using? Our Xerox office printer has a "Secure Print" option where you put in a passcode when you print, then it holds it in the printer que until you walk to the printer, select your print job, and enter your passcode.

We have a Xerox's and I do use Secure Print with it. It's in the middle of a long hallway. There are smaller HP's on either end of the hall but I can't recall the model number. There's about 7 of us who use one of the HP's.

Open your printer queue in Windows and set it to offline.

I will certainly give this a try.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If the HP is a commercial class printer running FutureSmart firmware, you can set it up for secure printing as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom