Suppressor options

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    As far as hosts go, you can't beat HK. They have many models that come set up from the factory ready to be suppressed. My USP SD is one of my favorite suppressed pistols.

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    Sig P226s are going to be your quietest host gun. It has something to do with their lock time. I would recommend the Dead Air Ghost or Rugged Obsidian.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    One of my favorite combinations for pure fun and great practice at a budget price is a Ruger Mark IV Lite, with either a Rugged Occulus or Aklys Defense Kopis. According to the decibel meter on my iPhone, the Kopis first round pop was only 89dB and shooting 22LR is great at 5-6 cents per round.

I am an FFL/SOT and have all of these in stock and, as an attorney, can also help you set up your NFA Gun Trust, if you don't already have one. Call if you need help navigating the world of NFA, if this is your 1st rodeo.

George @ Armbruster Armory, LLC (Lafayette)

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    One of my favorite combinations for pure fun and great practice at a budget price is a Ruger Mark IV Lite, with either a Rugged Occulus or Aklys Defense Kopis. According to the decibel meter on my iPhone, the Kopis first round pop was only 89dB and shooting 22LR is great at 5-6 cents per round.

I am an FFL/SOT and have all of these in stock and, as an attorney, can also help you set up your NFA Gun Trust, if you don't already have one. Call if you need help navigating the world of NFA, if this is your 1st rodeo.

George @ Armbruster Armory, LLC (Lafayette)

Suppressed .22 is like the NFA gateway drug. But I agree, I love my MKIII Suppressed.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Interested in buying a suppressor/gun combo. What are some of the Best Buy’s for performance as for price?

Are you talking about pistols, rifles, rimfire, pcc?
    There are so many options now. Help us help you by narrowing down the search a bit.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Prepare... focus on the suppressor first. For example, if you want the movie style sounds, go 300BLK Subsonic with a 7.62 Suppressor (Like a Saker).

Also think about multi-use... I have an Octane .45 ACP Suppressor that I can use for anything up and to .45ACP. Which actually I think the 9mm is more quiet through the .45 can than it is through the 9mm can. I also have a Saker 7.62 that I can shoot everything below 7.62 with (except .22LR, its too messy). For .22LR I would always recommend getting a .22 Can.

Then think of disassembly and cleaning. If you want multiple baffles or a uni-baffle. I would go with all suppressors that can be disassembled and cleaned (some don't) and just soaking them in bore cleaner isn't the greatest answer. Just like your firearm, keep them clean and they will last 10x longer.

You will also need to consider direct thread, quick disconnect, etc. That's where it starts to get more expensive... so I have three flash hiders that my Saker will attach to... my .45ACP is direct thread, so I adapt anything I need to suit. Then maybe consider pistons, three lug muzzle devices, etc. Most (if not all) .22LR suppressors are direct thread.

Just a few things to consider with suppressors. It can become a bit of a hobby all by itself.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Here is what I did and it covers every shooting scenarion that I have:

Spectre II - for all rimfire 22lr is stupid quiet from my pistols. get supersonic snap from rifles but I knew this going in. Should shoot subs from rifle but ehh not a priority.

Octane 45 - covers all of my pistol calibers. 45 is quiet as hell 9mm not as much. Got some 147gr 9mm to shoot through my AR9 which should keep it subsonic for hollywood quiet levels of fun.

Saker 7.62 - this one is for all of my 308 caliber and lower rifles. I have quick connects for the rfiles so that I can switch hosts easily.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Interested in buying a suppressor/gun combo. What are some of the Best Buy’s for performance as for price?

Man take a drive to hammond and pay us a visit. We can walk you through TONS of options and handle the entire process before you walk out the door.

Typically what you see most people start with are:
    Some tyle of 7.62 can (this will cover your 22 cal centerfire typically to 300 win)
    Some type of 45 cal pistol can
    Some type of 22 rimfire can

Depending on what you want the above to do we can make reccomendations for you.

Biggest piece of advice I can give for a first time buyer is stay away form the "do all" cans. Its by far the biggest regret we get from our customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom