Samsung TV main board fried....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Lightning hit near the house yesterday while watching the wife was watching TV.

I think I have it narrowed down to the Main Board as being the bad part.

Anyone know of a good place to get spare parts in the new orleans area? or in general?

Anyone have a crapped out Samsung 7 Series TV that isnt working?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    eBay.

Seriously.

When my parents LED tv went out, they called the manufacturer and that's what they recommended. Most parts on eBay are from donor TVs that had other issues and parts removed.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    EBay. And YouTube has the video for changing it out yourself. My board died so I ordered it and the installation kit for about $200 (56" tv). Took me about an hour and a half, all you need is a little bit of knowledge and patience. Take LOTS of pics and you'll be fine.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    EBay. And YouTube has the video for changing it out yourself. My board died so I ordered it and the installation kit for about $200 (56" tv). Took me about an hour and a half, all you need is a little bit of knowledge and patience. Take LOTS of pics and you'll be fine.

This.

Take plenty pics, label the hardware and parts.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I was given 2 TVs from a house that had a lightning strike. I went through were you are now. It was the power supply board on both of them. They were a Sony and a Samsung with only 3 boards in each. Power supply board, main processing board and the AV board with the input/output jacks. I took a gamble on it being the PS board and it paid off on both. Ymmv.

The post I did here and the resolution and place I bought from is in the last post

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?159420-Lcd-led-tv-repairman-in-BR-area&highlight=

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    We had a brown out here one year and it fried my 65" tv so I got it repaired under warranty from Sams. I bought a UPS for each entertainment center in our house to protect against it and power surges. About 3 years later we had a lightning strike that came in through the coax cable and it fried almost everything attached to my network. I claimed that under the house insurance as the UPS could not have protected against it. Now I have a surge protector on the main Cat5 cable that comes out of the cable modem so it does not happen again. Hopefully I am done with those issues.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Lightning hit near the house yesterday while watching the wife was watching TV.

I think I have it narrowed down to the Main Board as being the bad part.

Anyone know of a good place to get spare parts in the new orleans area? or in general?

Anyone have a crapped out Samsung 7 Series TV that isnt working?

What model is the tv?

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I dropped the TV off at Bayou TV on Lafayette St. in Gretna, La. today.

$75 for diagnostics and that will go towards repair. Of course the $200+ board will be on top of that.....o well, they gotta eat too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom