WTB: Wtb otf knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Looking for a Microtech or similar OTF auto. I can get one with LE discount from factory but don’t want to wait. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There's a "Benchmade D2" for sale on Letgo around Baton Rouge. It's a knockoff Infidel. I let the guy know it's a fake. He said thanks and that he didn't know it was fake, but it's still posted as a BM. Don't buy that one.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    How could you tell it was fake?
    There's a "Benchmade D2" for sale on Letgo around Baton Rouge. It's a knockoff Infidel. I let the guy know it's a fake. He said thanks and that he didn't know it was fake, but it's still posted as a BM. Don't buy that one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge

It's supposed to be an Infidel. I did a bunch of research on the Infidel a while back. All the edges are rounded, the clip is wrong, there is an allen screw in the middle of the trigger. Obviously I didn't weigh it, but the knocksoffs are a different weight than the original Infidels. I'm not a knife expert, but I have found, in my collecting, that OTFs seem to be the counterfeits you come across the most. Mostly because, other than custom knives, they are the most expensive and the coolest, so it's easy to be wowed by the cool factor.

Some of the counterfeits are actually pretty nice, related, again, to the cool factor. They shoot in and out and look pretty. However, nobody wants to pay $200 for a $40 knife.

This is like the one on letgo. This whole site is basically knockoff name brand high end knives... They look generic on this site, but it's amazing that they somehow get Benchmade and Microtech labeled out in the wild...:eek4:
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/high...-pocket/413394808.html#s1-0-1b;srp|2862667234

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thanks for all the tips and leads fellows, keep them coming

ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    If you're looking at High end I have a Carbon UTX 85 with damascus blade for $650 and a CT carbon with bowie damascus blade for $900

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you're looking at High end I have a Carbon UTX 85 with damascus blade for $650 and a CT carbon with bowie damascus blade for $900

Although those are very nice blades and worth the money, I would have to put them in a glass case and admire the as I wouldn’t have the nerve to carry them lol

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom