looking for ffl transfer from an individual

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    looking for somebody to accept a ffl transfer from an individual from another state and transfer to me, I know not a a lot of them do it if you can point me in the right direction or pm me your contact infor thanks

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I thing Jefferson Gun Outlet may do it, but they are in Kenner; IDK where you are located. When you order off gun broker what ffl do you use? Will they not accept the transfer for you? I know my FFL will ship to another FFL out of state...for a fee of course.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    im in Livingston parish, the person I usually use only accepts from other ffl's and im looking at buying something from an individual from gunbroker, never bought from an individual before off of there, so I need a ffl that will accept from an individual

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't have an answer so I'm brainstorming here. Could the sender ship it through an FFL in their state? Or would that add too much to the cost (2 fees) to make it worthwhile?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I thing Jefferson Gun Outlet may do it, but they are in Kenner; IDK where you are located. When you order off gun broker what ffl do you use? Will they not accept the transfer for you? I know my FFL will ship to another FFL out of state...for a fee of course.

Yes they do them or did. If someone else reads this. They even did a BP pistol for me since it had numbers on it and was sent from New jersey. Things may have changed. I felt for the seller too. As they told him he had to rid him self of it since he had it to hunt with and did not. So he had to sell the Ruger Old Army he had since 1978 still new in box.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    its only $30 more for him to do it, not an issue for me to pay it, lol im crazy when I find something I want, but hes kinda acting like that's not an option... so I might just have to pass on it.... idk why hes not wanting to do it that way, I even offered to pay the extra for that kinda transfer.. we will see.. hes got less than 48 hours on it with no bids so maybe he will change his mind
    I don't have an answer so I'm brainstorming here. Could the sender ship it through an FFL in their state? Or would that add too much to the cost (2 fees) to make it worthwhile?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A friend sent me a rifle a few months ago from Texas. He mailed it to BJ Pawn in Denham Springs for the transfer. They charged me $25

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Apocalypse Sports, 250 West Oak St., Ponchatoula (985)467-1747. Open til 4 on saturdays.
    His fee is $20

Last edited:

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    We take transfers from individuals as well. Just include a copy of the senders valid DL or ID card (something with his address on it) $20.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Is that the old pawn shop? I think Frank closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The pawn shop closed after the flood, but he is still doing some gunsmithing and sales/transfers from another location. Give him a call if you need something.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Interstate guns or apocalypse in ponchatoula are both great to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Landry's Guns will accept from individual.

Yes he does and his fee is $20. He closes at 6 today.

We are located in Addis about 7 miles from downtown Baton Rouge on La1. We do a $20 flat fee. If you order multiple weapons, still 1 price as long as it goes on 1 4473/background check.

Dale
    225-202-7843.

We are open on Saturdays and week days by appointment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom