State Police Unmarked Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I drive I-10 almost daily, some days BR to Lafayette and some days BR to NO. The ghost vehicles aren't that hard to spot if you're paying attention. Of course my stress level is pretty low as I rely on cruise control to avoid unscheduled tax payments.

I wish the State Police had more units to deploy on the basin bridge to enforce speeding and especially truck restrictions. I wish state police had more units to deploy on I-10 between Seigen and LA44 to curtail the "gotta get to the plant first" reckless speeding and lane zig-zagging, often in ratty pickups with questionable suspensions and brakes.

If you do the math, speeding doesn't make a material difference in arrival time, but it does create danger. Speed differentials and the resultant closing speeds between vehicles are a problem.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I've seen a few local departments with subdued markings. I believe Central has a grey unit with grey markings. It's pretty close to unmarked. But it's amazing how many people get upset if they can't see the markings or the lights on top to tell them when it's time to behave in a manner they wouldn't otherwise behave.

I hate when I have to hit the brakes on the interstate because everyone slows down to 10 under when they see a LEO up ahead.

Or when the person in front of the LEO is paranoid and goes slow as hell.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I hate the unmarked Chargers. But only because I drive a Charger, and as of the last couple months people slow down when I'm behind them on the interstate. Even though my car has zero of the tell-tale signs of the police units, I think (stupid) people just recognize the headlights and freak out.

Other than that, I dig them.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I hate the unmarked Chargers. But only because I drive a Charger, and as of the last couple months people slow down when I'm behind them on the interstate. Even though my car has zero of the tell-tale signs of the police units, I think (stupid) people just recognize the headlights and freak out.

Just flash your headlights real fast and they might move over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

They are just checking their texts.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I hate when I have to hit the brakes on the interstate because everyone slows down to 10 under when they see a LEO up ahead.

Or when the person in front of the LEO is paranoid and goes slow as hell.

I feel the same way. Personally, i completely ignore them. I figure, as long as im not doing anything blatantly stupid, chances are, they are not worried about me. Besides, between window tint, and other mods on both my vehicles, if they are that bored and want to pull me bad enough, they will find a reason anyway...

If you were actually sit down and read the books, there isn't a person on this forum, or even alive for that matter, that doesn't go a full day without breaking a law that is considered a misdemeanor offense. We have sime pretty stupid laws on the books. So just carry on and don't be a Derp....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom