State Police Unmarked Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Every one that I've seen is dark blue, blacked out windows, no license plate, and has a spot light including the one who nearly hit us. So while it's possible it's not a LSP car, I am pretty sure it was.

Unless you're 100% sure, I would be careful with the labelling. Plenty of agencies use those types of vehicles you described, and a lot of cars can be sold to the public, complete with spotlight.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Must be a good friend to risk getting busted.

When I had my truck it came with tint too dark for Louisiana when I moved here from Florida. I just asked around and found the right place to go for the right price. It's very easy to do and I was a repeat customer the whole time I had the truck. There ae many guys at my work that do the same sort of thing too. Blacked out windows on their vehicles.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    When I had my truck it came with tint too dark for Louisiana when I moved here from Florida. I just asked around and found the right place to go for the right price. It's very easy to do and I was a repeat customer the whole time I had the truck. There ae many guys at my work that do the same sort of thing too. Blacked out windows on their vehicles.

I know I've heard of places doing illegal stickers I guess the charge enough to make it worth it if they get busted by the state. There must be a lot just look at all the vehicles with the illegal tint.
    I heard of one guy that worked at Copart that sold stickers off the wrecked vehicles they had. Looked kind of weird to have a 2 year sticker in EBR on a Chevy truck and the sticker said Honda.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Worst case, as far as MVI goes, all you need is a razor blade. Make a quick pass by the junkyard, and start peeling. Eventually you’ll get one off good enough to re-stick it on your windshield. Realistically, who actually reads the back of it?! 99.999% of people who need to pay attention to them, only take a quick glance at the date and leave it at that

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Worst case, as far as MVI goes, all you need is a razor blade. Make a quick pass by the junkyard, and start peeling. Eventually you’ll get one off good enough to re-stick it on your windshield. Realistically, who actually reads the back of it?! 99.999% of people who need to pay attention to them, only take a quick glance at the date and leave it at that

Yep I was standing by a guy I knows truck and he had a 2 year sticker and I asked him were he got a 2 year sticker living in EBR. He said oh **** I didn't think about that I should have bought a 1 year. :eek3:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Guy I know had a photo go viral last month. He's a ham radio operator, which explains the antennas.
    Maybe this was his car that OP saw.
    6399141c008e1692e1ffe6c44d4c1792.jpg
    e4dfdaf676365c955f56ce538a531503.jpg

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Guy I know had a photo go viral last month. He's a ham radio operator, which explains the antennas.
    Maybe this was his car that OP saw.
    6399141c008e1692e1ffe6c44d4c1792.jpg
    e4dfdaf676365c955f56ce538a531503.jpg

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

What's his call sign? I'm a ham

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have been seeing their new ones with the "Ghost" lettering on them around a lot lately. You can't really see the lettering on them unless you're a certain way.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    I was about to make a post about the law that states that you don't have to pull over for an unmarked unit. I went to the state legislatures website to find the statute but I could not. Has it been repealed? There was a statute that said that if a supposed law enf vehicle tried to pull you over but it was unmarked then you don't have to pull over and I was going to say it will be interesting to see if it will be a viable defense in court if the law enf vehicle has those low viz markings of black letters on a black car or white letters on a white car.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was about to make a post about the law that states that you don't have to pull over for an unmarked unit. I went to the state legislatures website to find the statute but I could not. Has it been repealed? There was a statute that said that if a supposed law enf vehicle tried to pull you over but it was unmarked then you don't have to pull over and I was going to say it will be interesting to see if it will be a viable defense in court if the law enf vehicle has those low viz markings of black letters on a black car or white letters on a white car.
    I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to ignore it completely and go about your merry way . You know that won't end well .

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Cant remember if it was policy or law, but in the department I worked for, if you were in an unmarked car, you had to be in full uniform. But if you were in a marked car, you did not have to be in uniform to make a stop.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Pretty sure that was never law. Maybe your thinking of turning on your flashers and slowing down until you get to a populated well lit area to pull over. You could never just ignore it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Pretty sure that was never law. Maybe your thinking of turning on your flashers and slowing down until you get to a populated well lit area to pull over. You could never just ignore it lol

What he said.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I know I've heard of places doing illegal stickers I guess the charge enough to make it worth it if they get busted by the state. There must be a lot just look at all the vehicles with the illegal tint.
    I heard of one guy that worked at Copart that sold stickers off the wrecked vehicles they had. Looked kind of weird to have a 2 year sticker in EBR on a Chevy truck and the sticker said Honda.

SO much for the integrity of our Vehicle Inspection System (or as you locals call it a Brake Tag) -- so you pay your $20 and your POS gets a sticker.....seems like taxation more than an inspection if you ask me.....

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    SO much for the integrity of our Vehicle Inspection System (or as you locals call it a Brake Tag) -- so you pay your $20 and your POS gets a sticker.....seems like taxation more than an inspection if you ask me.....

It's bad if you live in the 5 parish area where I live. We have the emission inspection too so if your check engine light it on you're screwed unless you fix it or get a illegal sticker

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    DISCLAIMER -- SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD!!!

I WISHED we had emission inspections of ANY inspection OR LEO's who pulled over cars with obvious problems.

Last month while stopped on the up ramp of the Belle Chasse bridge, the ASSh0le in front of me decided he was going to let his engine run so his AC could be on while his tailpipe emitted a white smoke -- obviously a blown head gasket but he didn't give a rats ass while the cars behind him had to endure this crap. In this day in age you cannot ask somebody to turn their engine off because they will either tell you to Feck Off or worse shoot you. So for about 10 minutes we inhaled vaporized ethylene glycol -- I'm sure that is real f-ing healthy. But LEOs don't have time to pull over these jack asses, they is no revenue in it for the department.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    DISCLAIMER -- SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD!!!

I WISHED we had emission inspections of ANY inspection OR LEO's who pulled over cars with obvious problems.

Last month while stopped on the up ramp of the Belle Chasse bridge, the ASSh0le in front of me decided he was going to let his engine run so his AC could be on while his tailpipe emitted a white smoke -- obviously a blown head gasket but he didn't give a rats ass while the cars behind him had to endure this crap. In this day in age you cannot ask somebody to turn their engine off because they will either tell you to Feck Off or worse shoot you. So for about 10 minutes we inhaled vaporized ethylene glycol -- I'm sure that is real f-ing healthy. But LEOs don't have time to pull over these jack asses, they is no revenue in it for the department.

Why do you think LEO worry about revenue when pulling over cars?

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Why do you think LEO worry about revenue when pulling over cars?

They probably don't -- but 41 million people receive speeding tickets annually and $6 billion is paid out in speeding tickets each year. This is an average of $146.34/ticket.
    So we are not talking chump change......

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom