39V2 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    Have a 39V2 and have heard the horror stories about the peening of the bolt. Have been thinking about replacing the bolt and have following questions-what type of bolt should I get? D I need to replace the carrier as well? Who around here knows how to headspace the new bolt? How complicated is the head spacing?
    Many thanks from an old fart who doesn't really know **** about the finer points of the AK (witness me purchasing the 39V2 without first doing my homework)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have 3 arsenals, 2 norincos, and 2 c39v2's... I wouldn't be so quick to throw the c39v2 to the wolves.... Is it on par with the arsenals or norincos... No, but it will run...I have never had an issue with my 2 and prob 6000 rounds total through them . In a shtf situation will it fail you? My 2 won't.. the gun will outlast the person in a shtf/civil war situation and will be passed to many hands!!!! No offense as I speak of myself also...in short, for the money, I see nothing wrong with the v2's for there intended purpose. I think the horror stories of them were from the beginnings of the production run... Can you name one gun,company, style gun that didn't have the same obstacles? Just a thought

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Go on YouTube and watch iraq veteran doing "melt down test" some of the best and we'll know aks and ars fail before the cheaper "economy run" guns... Not all though :mamoru:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ak operators union passed the 5000 round test without but one issue, only issues was pitting and erosion in barrel, but still maintains under 2" MOA groups at 100meters.. Now if your looking for a "shooter" something to put 5000 a year down it then yes you are in a different caliber of aks, the same as if you ran a lot of courses with your ar you wouldn't us a dpms panther. even with the best ars you will still be changing barrels and bolts after they wear.. but for the occasional range gun with 500-1000 a year and using it as a personal defense gun, I think your good . and he still easily hits steel at 500 yards, IDK what else there is to look for... plenty other aks didn't even make it past the 2000 round test.. he also explains bolt replacement if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c4Ptcp6YvA

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom