Chocolate City Area News.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    NOPD reported eight robberies within 24 hours, including two in the same 7th Ward block within an hour.
    The robberies, which occurred from Saturday morning (June 2) to Sunday morning, bring the weekly total to 30, per NOPD records.
    Here are the incidents reported in the latest tally, included in a preliminary report of major incidents released by the police department Sunday:

Hollygrove: Around 7:15 a.m. in the 8900 block of Pear Street, a 40-year-old man was approached by two unknown men, one of whom pulled out a gun and demanded money. The 40-year-old complied, but then heard a gunshot. EMS transported the man to a local hospital. It was not clear if he was struck by the gunshot. NOPD did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Algiers: Around 5:20 p.m. in the 1600 block of Newton Street, a 60-year-old woman was approached from behind by an unknown man. The man grabbed the woman and took her cell phone and cash from her pocket, before fleeing in a car.

Freret: Around 5:48 p.m., two men started arguing over what a witnessed later called "a stupid drug thing" and that NOPD classified as an armed robbery. One man produced a gun and shot a 29-year-old man before fleeing in an unknown direction. The injured was transported by EMS to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest. His condition Sunday was not known.

Gentilly: Around 6:36 p.m., a 33-year-old man exited a store in the 3700 block of Clematis Street and approached a vehicle police said he was waiting for. Three armed men exited the vehicle and demanded the man's property. They fled with his cellphone, $40 and a bottle of pills.

Milan: Around 6:51 p.m., a 37-year-old man was exiting his car in the 2900 block of Amelia Street when two men approached him. One of the men, armed with a handgun, demanded the man's property. The man threw his keys to the ground and ran away, while the two robbers sped off in his car.

Riverside: Minutes before midnight near the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and General Taylor, a 34-year-old man was sitting at a bus stop when a man pointed a gun at his chest and demanded his property. The armed robber fled with the victim's clothing, shoes, wallet, keys and cell phone.

7th Ward: Around 3:33 a.m., two women ages 24 and 35 were approached by three unknown men on the 1600 block of Elysian Fields Avenue. One of the men brandished a silver semi-automatic weapon and demanded the women's purses. The women complied and the men fled to the rear of a nearby CVS.

An hour later in the same block, a 22-year-old man was standing outside his car and talking to two men. One of the men pulled out a black handgun and demanded the 22-year-old get on the ground. The two men then fled in the 22-year-old's car. NOPD did not immediately respond to a request for comment on whether the two robberies were connected.

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    We had a dozen shootings and several deaths from them this weekend here in Shreveport. Someone gets shot here pretty much daily and theft is EVERYWHERE. LOTS of car break ins and car theft is high as well.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    We are on the path to being just like California. Jerry Brown says his state is the role model for future states and I believe he said they are 15 years ahead of other states. :doh:

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We had to go to New Orleans East Hospital a week or so ago. I took extra mags.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    We had a dozen shootings and several deaths from them this weekend here in Shreveport. Someone gets shot here pretty much daily and theft is EVERYWHERE. LOTS of car break ins and car theft is high as well.

That's my only hang up moving over there for work...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When I did bids down there or worked in New Orleans. I would routinely state Thies job is on Extra Magazine Street. The new gal in the office said where is that?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I never cross the parish line if I can help it. Last few times it was to go to a place on Urquhart St.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The vitriol here on New Orleans is pretty pathetic. Sure the city has its problems, but that city has quite a bit to offer that NO other city in this state can match.

As far as Phil Anselmo..... Sure Pantera was great, but who is going to take anything he says seriously?

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    The vitriol here on New Orleans is pretty pathetic. Sure the city has its problems, but that city has quite a bit to offer that NO other city in this state can match.

As far as Phil Anselmo..... Sure Pantera was great, but who is going to take anything he says seriously?

Please, share why its misplaced, misguided, or unfitting.
    We will agree on one thing. NOLA certainly has one thing that no other LA city has to offer... hours long response times from the PD.
    The city could be a nice place, but its not. And it no longer matters where you plan to venture, simple existing in the city equates to being at a higher probability of bad **** happening to you.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

What's not to like? The city is dirty, dangerous and smelly. The alleged protectors (Not Our Problem Dude) make their own rules and do as they please. The criminal class is brazen, soulless and vicious and most importantly, ubiqitous. There's virtually no place in the parish that is safe. Yea, lots to offer, great city.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    New Orleans is **** city. My boss at work is a gun control liberal, and I’ve gotten into it with him a few times telling him, if he is sending me into Orleans parish to work for the day, I’m carrying a pistol. If he don’t like it, he can fire me. Almost a year later, I still have a job, and work in Orleans parish on a regular basis. **** the city of New Orleans and everything it has to offer... as said above... dirty, foul smelling, full of crime with a PD that’s first off crooked as ****, and second, severely undermanned and unable to handle the issues the city has..

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    New Orleans is **** city. My boss at work is a gun control liberal, and I’ve gotten into it with him a few times telling him, if he is sending me into Orleans parish to work for the day, I’m carrying a pistol. If he don’t like it, he can fire me. Almost a year later, I still have a job, and work in Orleans parish on a regular basis. **** the city of New Orleans and everything it has to offer... as said above... dirty, foul smelling, full of crime with a PD that’s first off crooked as ****, and second, severely undermanned and unable to handle the issues the city has..
    Tell us how you really feel. LOL! The whole state is ****ed, not just the city. And I'm pretty sure the state police is crooked, or at least that's what I have seen on the news with all this pencil whipped over time for programs like LACE.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Remove the animals from the zoo. By animals, I talking about the ones at the Audubon Institute. Move the WW2 museum. Then!
    d27704954392179f485eb223b5557161.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom